• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

520 posts in this topic

Zazie Beetz made her debut as the incredibly lucky Domino in Deadpool 2 and immediately became a fan-favorite. Stealing scenes that contain Ryan Reynolds and Josh Brolin is hard to do, but Beetz did it consistently throughout the entire film and cemented herself as a core part of the franchise. Fans want to see more of her Domino on screen, and so does she. ComicBook.com sat down to chat with Beetz ahead of her upcoming Netflix film The Harder They Fall, and we asked about the future of Domino at Marvel. 

"I would love to revisit Domino," Beetz told us. "I would love to do a Deadpool 3, 4, 5, 7, 19. I've also wanted to be like, 'Maybe I could just do my own origin story.' I feel honored to have been able to depict her on screen and to have played with her, as her. I love her and so I would be more than happy to revisit her on camera. And I think I will. If Disney doesn't make it happen, I'll make it happen."

:wishluck:

Speaking with Collider about his new film The Adam Project, the outlet asked Reynolds if he and director Shawn Levy have ever talked about Deadpool 3. Reynolds replied, "We pretty much talk about everything, but I'll say this about that particular subject is I'll have a batch of updates on that sooner rather than later, I hope. So I'll be able to get into stuff about Deadpool a little bit more clearly and definitively down the road." 

The last substantial update from Reynolds about the highly anticipated sequel was about the possibility of it filming before the end of the year with Reynolds previously pegged the odds of Deadpool 3 filming in 2022 at being 70% likely.

Speaking previously with ComicBook.com in an exclusive interview, Marvel's Kevin Feige revealed that a window for when Deadpool 3 could be released has been set internally at Marvel.  "We do," Feige said when asked about a tentative release date. "And the -script is in the works and Ryan is working very hard on it with our writers as we speak."

On 3/11/2022 at 5:14 PM, paperheart said:

‘Deadpool 3’: Shawn Levy Tapped To Direct Sequel Reuniting With His ‘Adam Project’ Star Ryan Reynolds

And the two were talking about what if they could pull off a superhero buddy movie with Hugh Jackman :whatthe:

Both Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds have worked with Shawn Levy before and that director told THR that he wants to be the one to bring the two actors together.

What we want is to fold it all in together and make a big, fat bromance sandwich of a movie, because the world wants the Hugh Jackman-Ryan Reynolds movie. I don’t know exactly what it’s going to be, but I know it needs to be me who directs it.

Now that Shawn Levy will be taking the helm of Deadpool 3, perhaps the perfect moment has arrived; after all, Reynolds has been badgering Jackman about reprising this Wolverine role for some time, but I suppose Marvel Studios probably has plans for Wolverine.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:14 PM, paperheart said:

‘Deadpool 3’: Shawn Levy Tapped To Direct Sequel Reuniting With His ‘Adam Project’ Star Ryan Reynolds

Absolutely gobsmacked and highly recommend "The Adam Project."  Intelligent solid -script by Jonathan Tropper played out by an outstanding cast ensemble with Mark Ruffalo's best performance since "Just Like Heaven."   Breakout star Walker Scobell admirable acting chops paired with Ryan Reynolds is reminiscent of Freddy Bartholomew making Spencer Tracy's character Manuel believable and endearing in "Captains Courageous" in similar Father/Son bonding film genre.

I always feel enlightened whenever screenwriters and filmmakers manage to make a sensible entertaining movie.  (thumbsu

236223928_TheAdamProject.thumb.png.f7df7a43cff640f105eb345946607e79.png

Ryan Reynolds has officially begun sizing up production on the third Deadpool film. Marvel studios and the actor have finally found the perfect person to helm the threequel in Shawn Levy, leading fans to believe that things can only go up from here. Deadpool 3 is also set to bring back Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote the first two films, to pen the -script.

Deadpool 3 will likely be the first Marvel Studios project with a mutant character headlining after Fox/Disney merger finalized, but that won't be the only thing that's a first for the studio. Reynold's Maximum Effort production company will team with Marvel Studios on Deadpool 3, making the film the first Disney-owned Marvel Cinematic Universe film to partner with an outside production company. Reynolds revealed this and the two things he thinks can ruin a blockbuster in a new interview with Forbes.

"I really had a crash course in the value of marketing and storytelling in this context through Deadpool," Reynolds said while speaking to Forbes. "Deadpool taught me that necessity is the mother of invention. Deadpool, the franchise, never had the kind of budgets and finances to work with that some of the larger comic book properties did. Two of the greatest adversaries to creativity is too much time and too much money. I learned the value of character over spectacle through Deadpool."