• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

522 posts in this topic

Things we know:
Ryan Reynolds continues to be a marketing GENIUS
We're getting Deadpool and Wolverine in a movie together!
September 2024 can't get here fast enough

Things we can likely assume:
This movie will be set in the MCU or at least end with Deadpool's introduction into the MCU (that's the point, right?)
Hugh is NOT playing the MCU's version of Wolverine going forward
Hugh can't be playing the Fox version of Wolverine, as he's dead
Deadpool will be established as an MCU mutant by movie's end

Things we have no way of knowing at this point:
Is Hugh playing a multiverse version of the character who is nearly identical to the Fox version of the character (but living?)
or is he playing a much different version of the character (and that's how he was enticed back?)

If we're getting Deadpool and Wolverine, are other Fox X-Men characters (either from DP's universe or Wolverine's universe) going to be part of this?

Are any MCU mutants going to be introduced?

On 9/27/2022 at 11:28 PM, fmaz said:

Things we know:
We're getting Deadpool and Wolverine in a movie together!
September 2024 can't get here fast enough

The FOMO protocols are in full effect! 

Selling to newbies at market tops is the only way to grow this business!  xD

On 9/28/2022 at 6:28 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not sure why Mangold’s quote got “mangoled” 😂 in that tweet… but here’s the actual quote:

“Oh my gosh! Everybody chill. Just kidding! I’m all good! LOGAN will always be there. Multiverse or prequel, time warp or worm hole, canon or non-canon or even without a rationale, I cannot wait to see what maddness my dear friends @VancityReynolds and @RealHughJackman cook up!”

Hello to all, 

This is excellent news! 
I think this may possibly be when some sort of the X-Men may be introduced into the Mcu. Colossus was in both Deadpool movies, as was Charles Xavier’s Mansion, so anything is possible. 😁

Edited by Ceito

On 9/28/2022 at 6:37 AM, fmaz said:

Not sure why Mangold’s quote got “mangoled” 😂 in that tweet… but here’s the actual quote:

“Oh my gosh! Everybody chill. Just kidding! I’m all good! LOGAN will always be there. Multiverse or prequel, time warp or worm hole, canon or non-canon or even without a rationale, I cannot wait to see what maddness my dear friends @VancityReynolds and @RealHughJackman cook up!”

The number of pot stirrers too that tried to make it out that James Mangold is taking a swipe at Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman over the announcement.

People need to see things more clearly. And with brighter eyes.

May as well bring RDJ back as Iron Man, then. Logan was a perfect sendoff for Jackman's Wolverine. This stinks of using cameos rather than solid writing to earn goodwill from fans*, but we'll have to wait and see if it tastes as bad as it smells.

*Considering that Deadpool is now in the MCU, because I liked both previous movies while Fox was producing them.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:28 PM, fmaz said:

Things we know:

Yep!  He was able to plug his Welcome to Wrexham show (currently no. 4 most in demand streaming show) about his Welsh soccer team and his gin brand in an ad for the MCU (see around 24 second market and after).

That is marketing genius!