• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

522 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2022 at 9:34 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Is anybody else worried that this will be a Thor: Love and Thunder joke fest?  I don't want to see Old Man Logan be a comedy team up.

I stop being optimistic for anything MCU until I see it.

***I hope Kang erases phase 4

It’s Deadpool.  Of course it’s going to be a joke fest.  Have you not seen Deadpool 1 and 2?  

I already imagine it will be Ryan Reynolds Deadpool buffoonery mixed with Hugh Jackman / Logan sarcasm.   I cannot wait. 

On 10/3/2022 at 4:09 AM, Buzzetta said:

It’s Deadpool.  Of course it’s going to be a joke fest.  Have you not seen Deadpool 1 and 2?  

I already imagine it will be Ryan Reynolds Deadpool buffoonery mixed with Hugh Jackman / Logan sarcasm.   I cannot wait. 

No no no.  If you've seen the animated series where Hulk/Wolverine took on Deadpool/Sabretooth/Deathstrike...Deadpool was full of joke and sarcasm while Wolverine was all serious.  My point is that they don't both have to be comedic.  You can have one serious (Old Man Logan) with the comedy of Deadpool and still make it work.

This was what they tried with Cable/Deadpool but failed.  I think they can still make that concept work.

***Just don't want to see Wolverines intro to the MCU be a comedy

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spelling

On 10/3/2022 at 11:57 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

No no no.  If you've seen the animated series where Hulk/Wolverine took on Deadpool/Sabretooth/Deathstrike...Deadpool was full of joke and sarcasm while Wolverine was all serious.  My point is that they don't both have to be comedic.  You can have one serious (Old Man Logan) with the comedy of Deadpool and still make it work.

This was what they tried with Cable/Deadpool but failed.  I think they can still make that concept work.

***Just don't want to see Wolverines intro to the MCU be a comedy

I get where you are going here.

We don't need another Bohner Vision like how Quicksilver was handled in WandaVision, tarnishing any good will that came from the Fox X-Men properties for the sake of laughs.

On 10/3/2022 at 8:12 AM, D84 said:

Nothing can erase the lingering stench that is phase 4.

i feel your pain here, so an idea:   in some personal injury cases i defend, a neck injury, for example, may not manifest for a good while after an accident, with the explanation given by the claimant-oriented physician that a more acutely painful injury [to the low back, let's say] was so bad that the claimant just didn't realize his/her neck was injured as well until treatment alleviated the "bad" one.  they call it the "masking phenomenon."   so, for your phase 4 pain, i suggest watching b v. s, suicide squad or ww84; tho' not actually dissipating the smell that is tormenting you, they should darn sure mask it.

Edited by Straw-Man

On 10/26/2022 at 2:40 PM, Straw-Man said:

so, for your phase 4 pain, i suggest watching b v. s, suicide squad or ww84; tho' not actually dissipating the smell that is tormenting you, they should darn sure mask it.

BVS Ultimate Edition is way above those other two, and extremely well laid out. Suggesting to go bash on DC movies to forget MCU major missteps is an approach (I guess). Or just recognize the MCU found its fault groove finally.

Edited by Bosco685

On 10/26/2022 at 1:45 PM, Bosco685 said:

BVS Ultimate Edition is way above those other two, and extremely well laid out. Suggesting to go bash on DC movies to forget MCU major missteps is an approach (I guess). Or just recognize the MCU found its fault groove finally.

it was not an "i guess" approach in a void--it was in reply to someone with a little bat icon avatar taking the opportunity to "bash" marvel with the aid of a legitimate kang post.    bosco, i'm a fan, but you'd be even more credible if you were even-handed with your scoldings.