• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
5 5

524 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, Straw-Man said:

it was not an "i guess" approach in a void--it was in reply to someone with a little bat icon avatar taking the opportunity to "bash" marvel with the aid of a legitimate kang post.    bosco, i'm a fan, but you'd be even more credible if you were even-handed with your scoldings.

Phase IV has been shocking. Like there are missteps and then there are big missteps. Like has been noted in other threads, Marvel Studios went for quantity over quality.

MCU_Phase_IV.thumb.PNG.520e838a4780b572567b97be8a112ba0.PNG

Better they learn from this and focus more on a quality direction versus overwhelming the airwaves with content to dominate small and large screens. But when fanatics rush in to protect "their MCU" there's a buffer from reality when they see no matter what they do people will bring their Phase I-III emotions to bear.

I'm a fan too, of Marvel and DC. But there is an overly-heavy hand on here in beating down DC properties. Which leads to the confusion and disruptions. And that includes Sony Marvel properties too.

On 10/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, Straw-Man said:

it was not an "i guess" approach in a void--it was in reply to someone with a little bat icon avatar taking the opportunity to "bash" marvel with the aid of a legitimate kang post.    bosco, i'm a fan, but you'd be even more credible if you were even-handed with your scoldings.

:gossip: I still love you comic book friend :baiting:

On 10/26/2022 at 1:40 PM, Straw-Man said:

i feel your pain here, so an idea:   in some personal injury cases i defend, a neck injury, for example, may not manifest for a good while after an accident, with the explanation given by the claimant-oriented physician that a more acutely painful injury [to the low back, let's say] was so bad that the claimant just didn't realize his/her neck was injured as well until treatment alleviated the "bad" one.  they call it the "masking phenomenon."   so, for your phase 4 pain, i suggest watching b v. s, suicide squad or ww84; tho' not actually dissipating the smell that is tormenting you, they should darn sure mask it.

Batman v Superman and the original Suicide Squad are way better than anything in phase 4 (except Werewolf by Night and Hawkeye). Wonder Woman 1984 is on par with it.

On 10/26/2022 at 5:49 PM, media_junkie said:

I'm ok with Jackman getting a payday if it means I get to see him as Wolverine one more time.

To finally see them together for real after X-Men Origins: Wolverine is going to be incredible. Two solid characters from solid performers.

Hugh Jackman doesn't think Deadpool 3 should be just another numbered sequel. In an interview with Variety, the Logan actor explained that he wants it to be called something else. Now, Jackman is being sly with this admission. A tacit acknowledgement that anything involving Wolverine probably doesn't have the X-Men character playing second fiddle. But, for now, Marvel Studios has Deadpool 3 as the working title for the upcoming project. People on social media are just too glad to have Jackman back in the fold however they could get him. Recent months have seen the chanting for X-Men content reach pandemonium levels. There have been a couple of nods here and there in Ms. Marvel and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. But, a lot of viewers won't be satisfied until they see the yellow spandex.

Jackman said, "Well, not in my heart. I'm pretty sure Wolverine wouldn't like that title," when asked about the moniker of Deadpool 3. He sounded so excited to be reunited with his best friend on their MCU debut together. However, the actor is flexing that tough exterior for Logan whenever he pops up in one of these projects.