• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

Denis Villeneuve delivers with a rich, dense, and layered adaption—executed with incredible performances throughout.

With mythology and world-building on par with The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, Dune is cinematic and momentous. Considered among many circles as one of the hardest stories to adapt, Frank Herbert’s science fiction epic has been attempted in the past. None, however, come close to Villeneuve’s attention to detail. 

Overall, Dune is a masterclass in filmmaking. Denis Villeneuve is at the top of his game, Hans Zimmer delivers with a beautiful score, and the entire cast led by Timothée Chalamet delivers. Stunning visuals, perfect world-building, and layered storytelling make Dune one of the best films of the year. 

5/5.0

I have my prescreen pass for next week...

There was one for last night as well, but I saw the prescreen for Halloween Kills with Michael Myers instead....

I looked for this thread, somehow missed it

IMG_20211013_120054942~2.jpg

Now, in an interview with EW, Bautista shares his thoughts on the risk of leaving his wrestling career. Stating that he made the decision because he “fell in love with acting,” Bautista says the transition wasn't easy, and securing a role used to take serious time. Having big-name directors like Villeneuve reach out to him with a part in mind feels incredibly validating. Check out Bautista’s full comments below:

"I left a career in professional wrestling to take a chance on myself because I fell in love with acting. It took me forever to get a job, so when someone like Denis calls me and says 'I really want you to play this part,' that validates the sacrifice and the chance I took on myself."

With Bautista now virtually a household name, it might be surprising to hear that he considered his decision to leave wrestling and begin acting to be a risk.

I saw it Sunday night in Japan.  No spoilers. Opening weekend and only two other guys in the auditorium for the subbed version.  I think the Japanese audience were filling the seats of the dubbed version.   It was a little distracting having so many Marvel/DC/Star Wars actors in this film... but Oh well(shrug)

Edited by BanjerD
spelling mistake

I had big plans to see this movie in IMAX or at least a theater but work has sent me off again to where thats impossible. So I will be watching Dune on HBOMAX on a 13 inch screen. Trying to find an upside. Maybe if I shove my nose 3 inches away from the screen… Oh one upside is that I can lay in bed while watching it a mere few feet away from a bathroom.

On 10/18/2021 at 5:41 AM, Oddball said:

I had big plans to see this movie in IMAX or at least a theater but work has sent me off again to where thats impossible. So I will be watching Dune on HBOMAX on a 13 inch screen. Trying to find an upside. Maybe if I shove my nose 3 inches away from the screen… Oh one upside is that I can lay in bed while watching it a mere few feet away from a bathroom.

Watch it with a nice beverage and maybe dinner and you won't even notice a difference.

On 10/18/2021 at 8:44 AM, Wolverinex said:

Watch it with a nice beverage and maybe dinner and you won't even notice a difference.

I was going to ask where did you see it?

Still glad you enjoyed it! I'll see it Lord willing tomorrow, yet I really know nothing about it. I haven't read any books, although the title does seem familiar. Maybe there was another movie a long time ago with the same name?

“Dune” will be dashing some spice into the Twitter Movies timeline this week.

Warner Bros., as part its larger marketing campaign for director Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune,” has paid for a weeklong takeover of the @TwitterMovies account to promote the sci-fi epic. The movie’s wide theatrical release in the U.S. is set for Oct. 22, when also will be available to stream on HBO Max.

Starting Monday and through the end of the week, @TwitterMovies will be fully dedicated to “Dune.” The account’s profile will switch to a “Dune”-themed avatar and header image. As part of the promo, user tweets with the hashtag #DuneWeek will trigger a custom Twitter emoji.

The “Dune” takeover will feature fan Q&As with Villeneuve and the movie’s stars: Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Oscar Issac and Rebecca Ferguson. Other content going up on the temporarily “Dune”-ified account (which has 6.8 million followers) will include “Dune” videos with the cast discussing the film, as well as memes and emoji.

On 10/19/2021 at 1:28 AM, Wolverinex said:

I will have to say that the actor who played Paul did a superb job as well as the stunning woman who played Jessica.  It was hard not to keep your eyes off her during all the scenes. 

Jessica was a revelation, I didn't think they could have eclipsed Francesca Annis in her prime.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:28 AM, Wolverinex said:

I will have to say that the actor who played Paul did a superb job as well as the stunning woman who played Jessica.  It was hard not to keep your eyes off her during all the scenes. 

They gave out shirts!!! And they're long sleeve lol edit and posters @Wolverinex

IMG_20211019_183040151.jpg

IMG_20211019_182942863.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM