• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE from Legendary Pictures (TBD)
6 6

797 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 12:00 PM, D84 said:

I'll be surprised if it doesn't win original score and cinematography. The others, I'm not sure.

West Side Story will win best picture because of Hollywood's boner for musicals.

So true. Or artsy films like Shape of Water.

On 2/8/2022 at 10:00 AM, D84 said:

I'll be surprised if it doesn't win original score and cinematography. The others, I'm not sure.

West Side Story will win best picture because of Hollywood's boner for musicals.

Don't wanna know about boners.

Unless its Jokers

I usually don’t care to make Oscar predictions but here’s my thought on why this probably won’t win Best Picture:

I remember when Lord of the Rings: Return of the King won Best Picture there was a lot of analysis that the Academy viewed the award for that one film as an award for the entire trilogy. 

Assuming that’s true, I have a feeling Dune Part 2 might have a better shot at winning Best Picture for the same reason.  As much as I like Part 1 it does end a bit abruptly so I could see the Academy giving more weight to a complete story. 

But that’s also assuming Part 2 is of the same caliber, catches the Academy’s attention in the same way, and doesn’t have any other contenders that would pose a serious challenge. 

On 2/8/2022 at 1:08 PM, Bosco685 said:

So true. Or artsy films like Shape of Water.

Like it or not, Dune is artsy fartsy! That's why it's so good. Though I think the academy would wait out any significant awards until they see how the conclusion pans out ala Return of the King.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:15 AM, D84 said:

People are mad Dune got nominated?

I'm more annoyed that a remake of a crappy musical was nominated. 

Like what happened when Little Women didn't get Oscar nominations across the board, Spencer (Kristen Stewart) followers are furious her movie didn't receive mass nominations.

Though it did qualify for Best Actress. So it's not like it was totally dismissed.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:00 AM, D84 said:

West Side Story will win best picture because of Hollywood's boner for woke musicals.

FTFY