• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REVEAL THREAD - 2016 CGC Boards HOLIDAY GIFT EXCHANGE

208 posts in this topic

Just opened my SS gift from Lizards2. Love the book and classic "smack upside the head with a wet fish cover". Thanks Mike!

image_zpsivndquji.jpeg

Cool !! The famous "fish person_without_enough_empathy slap" cover :grin:

My Secret Santa - Dave Zeiger (sorry, do not know board name) - outdid himself with quite the pile of loot. Thanks!!

There are issues of ASM, Defenders, Hulk and the Phantom. I'm a Phantom fan and don't have these issues. Also a really nice Black Canary sketch cover by artist Chuck Fiala

Thanks Dave!!

1c2231a5-0f4e-40d5-bf6b-f899050f4a16_zps3p8vle7h.jpg

90e4f999-46ce-4f7b-b073-8ac64c8db4e2_zpsk9f7vd5m.jpg

My thanks to Secret Santa Baltimore Lauren for some wonderful DC - my favorite! :thumbsup:

before:

xmas2016b.jpg

after:

xmas2016a.jpg

Glad you like it! I was surprised to find a somewhat nice copy available after I got my assignment - these books are somewhat difficult to find!

Just opened my SS gift from Lizards2. Love the book and classic "smack upside the head with a wet fish cover". Thanks Mike!

image_zpsivndquji.jpeg

My Secret Santa - Dave Zeiger (sorry, do not know board name) - outdid himself with quite the pile of loot. Thanks!!

There are issues of ASM, Defenders, Hulk and the Phantom. I'm a Phantom fan and don't have these issues. Also a really nice Black Canary sketch cover by artist Chuck Fiala

Thanks Dave!!

1c2231a5-0f4e-40d5-bf6b-f899050f4a16_zps3p8vle7h.jpg

90e4f999-46ce-4f7b-b073-8ac64c8db4e2_zpsk9f7vd5m.jpg

That be from me.... Glad u like it. Your description gave me a lot of choices - so I pulled a little something from here and there hoping u would get some good reading in. I was lucky enough to meet Chuck through work - he is a great guy. He has a unique take on characters - and I love sharing his work. Neat side story - as an inside joke - Chuck was actually in an iron man comic as "Charlie fiala"

Senormac knocked it out of the park with my SS gift. He had an OA piece made with me on the cover. This is so cool, and I can't wait to get it framed. The picture doesn't do it justice. Thanks a bunch, Mike. (worship)

DSCF8952.jpg

Senormac knocked it out of the park with my SS gift. He had an OA piece made with me on the cover. This is so cool, and I can't wait to get it framed. The picture doesn't do it justice. Thanks a bunch, Mike. (worship)

DSCF8952.jpg

:o

A huge thank you to WEBHEAD! It's beyond what I was expecting and your generosity is much appreciated. Some pre-hero monster books and 2 sweet TPB's. Pre-code horror is a genre I've been wanting to check out for a long time now :applause:

You really hit the nail on the head :banana:

167014.jpg.bf8861ea786e4367eab43e3aa0338838.jpg

My Secret Santa was godquest and they did an amazing job. Thank you so much! I could not be more thrilled with everything! You nailed it! (worship)

ss1_zpsmyrahk0x.jpg

I received The Walking Dead #100 (Cover A:banana:) along with a sweet Mirage Ninja Turtles book and a very cool TMNT PEZ dispenser that is more like a little action figure. :applause:

I am a longtime TMNT fan and love TWD so the gifts they sent were perfect. I mentioned a few items and interests but didn't really think I would receive a book like that 100. It's so nice and minty! :grin:

I really do appreciate all the effort involved. They picked out great stuff, were very generous, wrapped everything nicely and got it all here in plenty of time for Christmas. :headbang:

Thanks again to godquest for everything and for being one of the best Secret Santa's ever!

Merry Christmas!

Mike :)

A huge thank you to WEBHEAD! It's beyond what I was expecting and your generosity is much appreciated. Some pre-hero monster books and 2 sweet TPB's. Pre-code horror is a genre I've been wanting to check out for a long time now :applause:

You really hit the nail on the head :banana:

Your welcome.... I too really love the early Marvel Monster book.....!!! (thumbs u

Thank you Mr. Secret Santa for the nice gift. I didn't have these ones, so they will look good in my future comic room ( as soon I find a good place to live). There is no name tag anywhere on the package.

IMG_0513_zps5tlbbqjc.jpg

DSCF8952.jpg

That is amazing! :headbang: