• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REVEAL THREAD - 2016 CGC Boards HOLIDAY GIFT EXCHANGE

208 posts in this topic

I haven't slowed down to take pictures/upload but Camper49 sent me my goodies.

He first provided me with 2 lovely packages covered in colouring book pages (yup comic related and yes they were mostly coloured in...I'm trying to figure out if he did the colouring or not :baiting: ). Deeply contained in the first package was some yummy Margot Robbie Harley Quinn photos <3

Next was a DVD copy of some wonder woman comics. I can't wait to pop these in and see what is all contained. Finally 2 Harley Quinn TPB.

I love me some ladies (worship)

I borrowed a camera because no way was I going to let this amazing Secret Santa's gift slide. Azkaban was an incredibly generous Santa and he absolutely blew me away! First, the cool wrapping paper (it's an "after-it's-been-ripped-into" shot)

comicSS2016c.jpg

And now the joy that is a truckload of gorgeous Silver Age DC Superhero readers (my absolute favorite things):

comicSS2016a.jpg

Unbelievable bounty! Amazing group of books! I am SO happy! I've been grinning nonstop since we opened our gifts. Just... speechless...

:cloud9::whee::luhv::golfclap:

Wow, I must have been a really good boy this year. I hit a jackpot with my Secret Santa gift.

Last week there was a huge diamond package at my door and I got a PM from Santa to be careful when opening the bigger present.

This was in the package. I love the Star Wars christmas wrapping paper

yxumwdiq.jpg

Yesterday I was finally allowed to open the presents and opened the smaller one first.

I got the J.Scott Campbell connecting cover set for the new Star Wars series, which were both still missing in my collection. The package contained 2 indy comics as well and after an hour or so I just realized that one of the names on the cover sounds familiar. Actually my secret santa is the author of both stories. Going to read both after the whole christmas action has settled down.

8js4avy3.jpg

And finally the bigger present. After opening it I was really flashed. I didn't know this special cover until yesterday, and of course not that something like my present does exist.

A 13x19 print of J.Scott Campbells Uncanny X-Men 19 variant cover. Signed and numbered 1 of 1 !

o3wuq6j3.jpg

I do collect Aspen and Campbell limited edition prints for several years now, but this special piece was totally unknown to me.

Thank you James / Reno McCoy for such a great and generous present. It will get a special place in my new office room after rebuilding our house next year.

Have a merry christmas everybody.

Wow, I must have been a really good boy this year. I hit a jackpot with my Secret Santa gift.

Last week there was a huge diamond package at my door and I got a PM from Santa to be careful when opening the bigger present.

This was in the package. I love the Star Wars christmas wrapping paper

yxumwdiq.jpg

Yesterday I was finally allowed to open the presents and opened the smaller one first.

I got the J.Scott Campbell connecting cover set for the new Star Wars series, which were both still missing in my collection. The package contained 2 indy comics as well and after an hour or so I just realized that one of the names on the cover sounds familiar. Actually my secret santa is the author of both stories. Going to read both after the whole christmas action has settled down.

8js4avy3.jpg

And finally the bigger present. After opening it I was really flashed. I didn't know this special cover until yesterday, and of course not that something like my present does exist.

A 13x19 print of J.Scott Campbells Uncanny X-Men 19 variant cover. Signed and numbered 1 of 1 !

o3wuq6j3.jpg

I do collect Aspen and Campbell limited edition prints for several years now, but this special piece was totally unknown to me.

Thank you James / Reno McCoy for such a great and generous present. It will get a special place in my new office room after rebuilding our house next year.

Have a merry christmas everybody.

Glad you enjoyed the gifts, Enrico.

I always do some research before buying my SS gifts, and this year I tracked down some JSC fans/experts. You can thank dscott for the print. After discussing some options on what any JSC fan would want, he offered the print to me to send to you. It's one dang cool cover, and I couldn't resist the signed, one-of-a-kind print.

So yesterday was pretty busy so I didn't make it onto the boards, but I did get to open my secret santa present. I'm not sure who my secret santa was, but they did a fantastic job! Have some great reading material for my two favourite characters!! Thank you santa... whoever you are!!

A0B94460-3BF8-45AC-BF27-C74E99087BF9_zpszr9wtgio.jpg

No pictures right now, but thanks to the Santa who sent me some Spidey and Y The Last Man TPBs, with some Strange Tales books that I'm not familiar with!

If there was a card it may have disappeared after I put gifts under the tree, so please msg me so I can thank you!

I borrowed a camera because no way was I going to let this amazing Secret Santa's gift slide. Azkaban was an incredibly generous Santa and he absolutely blew me away! First, the cool wrapping paper (it's an "after-it's-been-ripped-into" shot)

comicSS2016c.jpg

And now the joy that is a truckload of gorgeous Silver Age DC Superhero readers (my absolute favorite things):

comicSS2016a.jpg

Unbelievable bounty! Amazing group of books! I am SO happy! I've been grinning nonstop since we opened our gifts. Just... speechless...

:cloud9::whee::luhv::golfclap:

You're welcome Joanna , love doing this every year and special thank you to Sharon :applause:

:applause:(thumbs u

Mine from Hado! Many thanks sir - my first year in the exchange and this is a great present!

nnrww1.jpg

Love it!

Merry Christmas!

I saw you liked S/S books and posted some Harley Quinn, so I put together the two and picked out my personal favourite cover. :grin:

It is absolutely amazing and even more with this background story.

I was wondering how you managed it to get a 1 of 1 but now I know.

Thanks Doug for being a great support for James.

Thanks again both of you.

Happy to see it landed in a good home.