• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

yep...I believe he did the next 4, too

I'm really looking forward to the January 1938 cover by him. The previous year/new year theme is really cool.

I seem to remember there was at least one collector who had several original art pieces by D*ck  Ryan that turned up at a show many years ago but I don't remember who that was. The same guy had some killer Everett pieces too. hm

I'm starting to want to try buying at least a few Centaurs after this thread if they show up.

Edited by N e r V

24 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I'm starting to want to try buying at least a few Centaurs after this thread if they show up.

Well, go out and buy a lottery ticket as it must be your lucky day then.  :bigsmile:

I believe that Jon Berk has a substantial number of Centaurs in his collection, and you would be more than welcome to bid on them once they are open for bidding in less than 2 short months from now.  :gossip:

You guys are all crazy here. I am a DC guy. Now I post this pic of Funny picture stories  took over an hour to find what  number it was. Nothing at the big auction houses.  I went nuts finding it but I did. I now am starting to really like these books great covers Great (shrug). I  think they are cool. (thumbsul want some Centaur books. How many of you can guess the number top left.

newsstand-Action-9-Tec-24-Adventure.jpg

Edited by woowoo

10 minutes ago, woowoo said:

You guys are all crazy here. I am a DC guy. Now I post this pic of Funny picture stories  took over an hour to find what  number it was. Nothing at the big auction houses.  I went nuts finding it but I did. I now am starting to really like these books great covers Great (shrug). I  think they are cool. (thumbsul want some Centaur books. How many of you can guess the number top left.

newsstand-Action-9-Tec-24-Adventure.jpg

Star comics v2/1

fps v3/2

4 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Star comics v2/1

fps v3/2

Great all I got was  number 20 and you throw this at me. :facepalm: If I did not know better I would think your trying to keep me away :whatthe:

15 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Great all I got was  number 20 and you throw this at me. :facepalm: If I did not know better I would think your trying to keep me away :whatthe:

It's likely the 20th book in the series but yes indicia is volume 3, issue 2

16 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

It's likely the 20th book in the series but yes indicia is volume 3, issue 2

Give me time. I will get it fast Thanks.

Edited by woowoo

Those books for the most part are January 1939 releases. The Star comic was out on January 4th and the Funny Pictures was out January 18th. The Action was out January 3rd, Detective January 17th and Adventure January 24th.

Thats a fantastic photo. Some cool pulps too.

2 hours ago, comicjack said:

Your photo skills are getting quite good and second page doesn't work for me :popcorn:

Wish Windows 10 supported microtek scanner drivers. Ugh. Photo is not easy

Edited by G.A.tor