• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I have, sitting inside my collection.  :banana:

Probably the first ever Centaur I brought way back in the day.  Came from Harley who had it at one of his Seattle conventions at the time.  Have very few Centaurs in my collection, but virtually all of them came from Harley as he seem to be one of the only dealers to have them at the time. 

I believe my copy is the Larson which I didn't know anything about back then and I also don't believe Harley charged any kind of premium for the pedigree at the time.  (thumbsu

I'd be willing to take it off your hands!

7 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I'd be willing to take it off your hands!

Hmmm.....definitely something I will keep in mind then and will give it some thought.  hm

It's been so long that I can't even remember what type of condition the book is in.  doh!

30 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Hmmm.....definitely something I will keep in mind then and will give it some thought.  hm

It's been so long that I can't even remember what type of condition the book is in.  doh!

Lmk. Always interested in upgrading !

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Lmk. Always interested in upgrading !

Any idea what kind of condition Berk's copy would be in, since I am assuming that he should have one in his collection?  hm

Although I know that Jon also likes the Centaurs, I am actually not sure if he has anywhere close to a complete collection of them or not.  I guess we'll find out very soon.  :taptaptap:

25 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

I've never seen a copy.  Love the church-like arrival stamp in the upper left corner.

Church "like"

does the condition make you presume it's not Edgar's old copy? :baiting:

27 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
53 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

I've never seen a copy.  Love the church-like arrival stamp in the upper left corner.

Church "like"

does the condition make you presume it's not Edgar's old copy? :baiting:

What did it look like before your read it? hm

I have only EVER collected comics with costumed heroes both on the insides and the covers. I have a premonition that the fact I am enjoying these Funny Pages covers so much does not bode well for my wallet down the road in my collecting future!! Darn you GAtor for posting and pointing out cool rare stuff i would never have paid attention to if not for this thread!!

57 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I have only EVER collected comics with costumed heroes both on the insides and the covers. I have a premonition that the fact I am enjoying these Funny Pages covers so much does not bode well for my wallet down the road in my collecting future!! Darn you GAtor for posting and pointing out cool rare stuff i would never have paid attention to if not for this thread!!

Cool

9 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 3/7

finally got the  arrow on the cover!

The 6.0 comic cc just auctioned was my first copy of this book and fortunately a friend sold me this copy last year. Tough book for sure. 

IMG_4522.JPG

You find those Arrow covers is better condition than the funny ones in my opinion 

35 minutes ago, comicjack said:

You find those Arrow covers is better condition than the funny ones in my opinion 

Agreed - at one point, I had three 3/7's (8.0, this 7.5, and a resto 7.0 which I ended up keeping). The exception I would think is FP 3/10, which is a tough book (now listed as "scarce" in the Guide).

Just now, sacentaur said:

Agreed - at one point, I had three 3/7's (8.0, this 7.5, and a resto 7.0 which I ended up keeping). The exception I would think is FP 3/10, which is a tough book (now listed as "scarce" in the Guide).

The 3/10 is the tough one mostly found below a 4.0 and i wonder why that is mine is about a 2.5 but the paper is nice 

22 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I really never see 36, 38-42 in nice shape. 35&37 , yes for some reason 

20 minutes ago, comicjack said:

The 3/10 is the tough one mostly found below a 4.0 and i wonder why that is mine is about a 2.5 but the paper is nice 

All of mine are under 4.0

5 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I really never see 36, 38-42 in nice shape. 35&37 , yes for some reason 

Well if we're just talking Arrow covers, then yes the #39-#42 are really tough.

The  FP 36, 37, and 38 (non-Arrow covers) do show up (for example, I've seen multiple high-grades on the 38. Great cover BTW).

7 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Well if we're just talking Arrow covers, then yes the #39-#42 are really tough.

The  FP 36, 37, and 38 (non-Arrow covers) do show up (for example, I've seen multiple high-grades on the 38. Great cover BTW).

I've seen multiple hg 37, but never seen a hg 36 or 38

Just now, G.A.tor said:

I've seen multiple hg 37, but never seen a hg 36 or 38

The Church 38, the Larson 38, and my former copy the Claire Moe 38 (a raw 9.0). I currently have a low-grader.

Fortunately, I have nice copies on FP 3/10 and FP 36. :)