• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Wish Windows 10 supported microtek scanner drivers. Ugh. Photo is not easy

Would VueScan help?  The basic version is a free download.  Might be worth a try.

47 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Would VueScan help?  The basic version is a free download.  Might be worth a try.

All I know is the windows scanner settings stink. Scans made on my microtek which used to be wonderful are dull and lifeless now

3 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
51 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

All I know is the windows scanner settings stink. Scans made on my microtek which used to be wonderful are dull and lifeless now

VueScan does a good job of updating drivers that aren't available from the manufacturer.  Easy to use.  And when I say software is easy to use, it's reallllly easy to use!

28 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

VueScan does a good job of updating drivers that aren't available from the manufacturer.  Easy to use.  And when I say software is easy to use, it's reallllly easy to use!

Ok. I'm technically challenged...will try it

Funny Pages 2/5

5th D Ryan funny animal themed cover that started volume 2

interesting to note that these 5 Ryan covered issues were actually published under the Ultem banner (post comics magazine and pre centaur )

IMG_4508.JPG

Edited by G.A.tor

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Funny Pages 2/5

5th D Ryan funny animal themed cover that started volume 2

interesting to note that these 5 Ryan covered issues were actually published under the Ultem banner (post comics magazine and pre centaur )

IMG_4508.JPG

These have great to see, Rick.  Change the monkey to a donkey on this cover and this would make a great political cartoon.

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Never seen that cover before ... and it's definitely bizarre.  :|

Many of the pre arrow funny pages are rarely seen (and probably rarely collected too lol )

12 hours ago, Pickie said:

I keep having difficulties in understanding some of the jokes on those covers of the 1930s. :ph34r:

I don't get this one, either.  The kid is selling lemonade for 1 cent, but buying it from the stand for 5 cents? Or maybe he's drinking his own lemonade and drawing the stand owner's attention to the fact that he's undercutting his price? hm