• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facilitators, Scared Boardies & Cool Books - A Love Story

219 posts in this topic

I do not know DScott (Doug) personally never met him, not on facebook with him, but I have used him over the last couple of years buying FM miller books, Star Wars, DD and a few others. His service towards me has been exemplary.

He is quick to respond to queries and has ALWAYS sorted any issues with complete professionalism. IMHO he is definitely one of the good guys of our industry.

Like I say I owe him nothing and this is just my opinion as a buyer off him.

I have also used him in the past to send my personnel books off and as I have stated everything went great. The issue seems to come up when he is promising something and not delivering on pre sale books.

did you ultimately get a full refund + a 9.6 w/6 sigs + a 9.8 with 5 sigs?

He did give me refund and yes I do have a 9.6 he initially sent however as I stated all I want is the 9.8 which is what I purchased.

I cannot in good faith take what I did not purchase! This is not about getting extra loot! It is about standing by your word and delivering the service.

All I need is for Doug to make right and I will gladly send this book back to him.

I do not know DScott (Doug) personally never met him, not on facebook with him, but I have used him over the last couple of years buying FM miller books, Star Wars, DD and a few others. His service towards me has been exemplary.

He is quick to respond to queries and has ALWAYS sorted any issues with complete professionalism. IMHO he is definitely one of the good guys of our industry.

I have also used him in the past to send my personnel books off and as I have stated everything went great. The issue seems to come up when he is promising something and not delivering on pre sale books.

He did give me refund and yes I do have a 9.6 he initially sent however as I stated all I want is the 9.8 which is what I purchased.

I cannot in good faith take what I did not purchase! This is not about getting extra loot! It is about standing by your word and delivering the service.

All I need is for Doug to make right and I will gladly send this book back to him.

How about the money he refunded you? :baiting:

The 9.8 is boxed and has a shipping label but is still in Doug's office. I'm not sure if the OP knew the 9.8 was coming to him before it was posted here.

He was provided with the information on the 19th that one was being returned to me, to send to him. I simply had to wait for it to arrive from the owner in California. It arrived here on christmas eve and was mailed today. (the post office was closed yesterday and on the 25th)

To answer your other question 5 customers total were affected by the 9.6s. They were shipped while the majority of my staff was in NYC for a signing by a member of our shipping department who did not know they were sold as 9.8s. I apologized for this shipping mix up and admitted it shouldnt be used an excuse ultimately it is my responsibility to make sure all my employees are aware of the product we are delivering.

All customers effected to my knowledge have been contacted and offered one of the options on my original post on page 1. As well as forwarded the email from CCS were they offer to repress all the effected book for free.

All good information. It was really difficult to understand what the OP was getting at. It sounded as if he didn't know he was getting a 9.8 from you as a replacement. And I didn't quite get was he was saying about others being impacted.

The 9.8 is boxed and has a shipping label but is still in Doug's office. I'm not sure if the OP knew the 9.8 was coming to him before it was posted here.

He was provided with the information on the 19th that one was being returned to me, to send to him. I simply had to wait for it to arrive from the owner in California. It arrived here on christmas eve and was mailed today. (the post office was closed yesterday and on the 25th)

To answer your other question 5 customers total were affected by the 9.6s. They were shipped while the majority of my staff was in NYC for a signing by a member of our shipping department who did not know they were sold as 9.8s. I apologized for this shipping mix up and admitted it shouldnt be used an excuse ultimately it is my responsibility to make sure all my employees are aware of the product we are delivering.

All customers effected to my knowledge have been contacted and offered one of the options on my original post on page 1. As well as forwarded the email from CCS were they offer to repress all the effected book for free.

Did you offer other 9.8s of said books for sale in other venues knowing boardies here had claimed them?

None of what I wanted!

All I wanted was what was due and that still stands!

However it is great that pointed this out! How many others received any compensation? I am only brining to attention sales that are going on in Public and Private PM's where people are being taking advantage of.

I only to reach as many as I can so these practices can be stopped!

Doug?

So all you got was a 9.6? No 9.8? No refund?

From reading the posts in the thread, and Doug's post specifically, the refund was sent on the 20th.

Was wondering when you were going to show up! You'll be good at helping get to the bottom of this! lol

I've read some of the posts 3-4 times trying to figure out the details. It's been slow going translating everything so far.

That's my CGC 9.8 6xSS that I sent back to Doug so the OP could have the book he wanted so badly. Now I kinda feel bad that I gave it up for him now that he's attempting to put Doug on blast like this.

What people need to understand is that once CGC gets a hold of a book, there are NEVER any guaranteed grades. You might pre order a 9.8, the facilitator agrees the copy in hand is a 9.8, and have a facilitator treat the book amazingly only to have someone at CCS skip your book (happens a lot IMO) or someone at CGC mishandle the book causing the grade drop (less likely but still happens) and your pre-order 9.8 is now a 9.6 THROUGH NO FAULT OF YOUR FACILITATOR!!!! Doug Peters offered you partial and full refunds is what ANY facilitator should do. The fact that you now have TWO 6xSS slabs AND YOUR MONEY BACK yet STILL thought this thread was appropriate makes me question your morality as a consumer. You were made whole TWICE OVER and still you think you have a right to whine? Get outta here with that mess. Be thankful that he worked so hard to make it up to you and that he has customers like myself who he's done right by for YEARS that are willing to help him get meet your insane demands when a mistake happens.

Now, that being said, I think Doubg Peters should have reached out to his customers when CCS failed to do their jobs on these books and explained everything. But you know what Doug did when CCS started being a problem? He went and secured an outside presser to handle his books so he wouldn't have to wait on CCS or risk having to delay the books he sends his customers because CCS is overwhelmed. Did you now see his new thread where he explained to EVERYONE what and why he did this? Did you not see how it applied to you and your situation?

He did everything (and more) to get you what you ordered. You should be happy and walk away. Caveat Emptor, your can decide to deal with other facilitators in the future as 99.9999% of people would do if they were this upset. I suggest you look at MY slab on your wall and be happy with how this all turned out.

Okay, rant over... sorry, but Doug Peters is a stand-up facilitator.

I don't understand why CCS is even part of this - were the customers even told they were buying pressed books?

Looks like Doug did everything possible to make it right including giving a full refund.

You have a 9.8 enroute to you and your money back. I see no reason for this thread to exist other than dragging someone's name through the mud.

How about the money he refunded you? :baiting:

:busy:

You got a full refund, a free book and (apparently) another book on the way. I think this is where you bow out.

Guys this post is about me and the OP. Lets not worry about dragging CCS through this. They have already worked with me and resolved the issue on their end. Stand up customer service from them.

Doug - I'm sorry - you mentioned CCS - why did the books go to CCS anyway? I don't see any mention of that in your sales thread form early July -

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9442764&fpart=1

The Xmas turkey has barely digested, the festive period and goodwill to all is supposedly still in force and major, major talents and a fellow Boardie have been taken from us. Can't this kind of :censored: at least wait until the New Year?

Looks like Doug did everything possible to make it right including giving a full refund.

You have a 9.8 enroute to you and your money back. I see no reason for this thread to exist other than dragging someone's name through the mud.

Ankur - I would agree, unless the seller was selling the 9.8s on other venues, as I think is being alleged by the OP, many months after being claimed and payed for by boardies here. We're still awaiting an answer on that one..

If I'm following this correctly, I think this all boils down to whether or not someone should be allowed to offer a book in a specific grade prior to the book actually being graded. If someone does, they risk leaving themselves open to the possibility that the book will not achieve the required grade leaving the seller/original buyer to work out some sort of solution.

I doubt CGC wants to muddle in the affairs of sales here by not allowing this kind of sale, but it might be a good idea for people to avoid this practice or just understand that things happen. When they do, it is up to you and the seller to work something out. If you don't threads like this pop up.

Thank you Mayor, everyone seems to be focused on what Doug has offered me as compensation rather than looking at what is happening.

Does nobody Remember Chandler? Does this not ring a bell? CGC had to deal with this same nonsense before and you cannot buy your way out of it. Stop promising people all this free stuff because you cannot complete the transaction as guaranteed.

This is not settled not should it be settled rather looked into. We all make mistakes but boardies need to know they have place to post and get help rather then bullied about grammar.

This is posted here to do exactly what it is doing and if I need to be the butt everyone jokes so be it . Hopefully all the other boardies who have been communicating in PM's about all of these private sales threads will come forward.

How about we have more of you guys who have been around look what is happening, support the little guys.

It would certainly be ironic if OP wound up on the probation list because of this hit job...

I can guaranty that wont happen!

But thank you again.

How about Doug winding up there?

Is that possible?

Ankur - I would agree, unless the seller was selling the 9.8s on other venues, as I think is being alleged by the OP, many months after being claimed and payed for by boardies here. We're still awaiting an answer on that one..

No sorry I edited the post on the 1st page. No books were sold on other venues. 1 a 9.6 copy was retained as a give away item for our bi annual give away.

Whats happening from what I see is a dissatisfied customer who is complaining even though the seller has done EVERYTHING to make him happy. This just solidifies that Doug is a stand up guy in my book.

It would certainly be ironic if OP wound up on the probation list because of this hit job...

I can guaranty that wont happen!

But thank you again.

How about Doug winding up there?

Is that possible?

Are you really this obtuse? I make no comment whatsoever on this situation - save this one - when people start talking about the Probation List, the rules of the Probation List obtain. And making things right will insure Doug is not on the PL.

To the OP - when you get your 9.8, will you return the money and the 9.6? If you fail to do so, should you go on the PL?

Everyone has the right to receive that for which they have bargained. But at what point do you realize that you are being placed on people's "do not deal with" list for being unreasonable?

Whats happening from what I see is a dissatisfied customer who is complaining even though the seller has done EVERYTHING to make him happy. This just solidifies that Doug is a stand up guy in my book.

Pretty much.

I don't "do" sig series so however this turns out won't make a lick of difference to me, but it seems like you've got a seller trying to do everything to placate a buyer. That sounds like a pretty good seller.

Pre-sales and guaranteed grades is tricky. Most of time, I would imagine, sellers run into reasonable people if something happens. Sometimes they run into whiners.

Pretty much.

I don't "do" sig series so however this turns out won't make a lick of difference to me, but it seems like you've got a seller trying to do everything to placate a buyer. That sounds like a pretty good seller.

Pre-sales and guaranteed grades is tricky. Most of time, I would imagine, sellers run into reasonable people if something happens. Sometimes they run into whiners.

That's what I get from reading all of this too. To the OP, you should return the 9.6 book, and any money that he has given you back when the 9.8 arrives. It seems like the only right thing to do.