• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facilitators, Scared Boardies & Cool Books - A Love Story

219 posts in this topic

And to have Dre chiming in trying to look like a knight in shinning armor, admitting that he knows the OP personally, stinks of outside influence towards the OP in hopes of stealing "business" away from Doug.

+1

I don't do sig series like this - sorry - I'm not trying to steal business - I've been around here a long time and seen a lot of things - try again.

I purchased a 9.8 Batman Adventures and received a 9.4. Yeah sure Dscott was willing to give me a refund but that isn't the point. While we are at it I see the 'refund' being in the pro column a bit too much here. Do you not factor in the fact that you need to take time out of your day to go to the post office (only open till 5), and have to pay for shipping. So by me and (him) buying that it cost more time and money to do so. When I very well could have just purchased the book from a different facilitator.

If you bought something from Target and they sent you a broken product would you just say oh...ok...Well its Target and they have been around for a while so It must be me!

No, you take time out of your day to drive to Target to get a refund....

Poor evilawd all he is trying to do is point out that he was wronged by Dscott and all you guys do is blast him (probably in hopes that Dscott will somehow reward you for doing so...probably the only reason to be honest, which is sad.) With that being said, you can add me to the list of people that purchased one thing and received another.

I purchased a 9.8 Batman Adventures and received a 9.4. Yeah sure Dscott was willing to give me a refund but that isn't the point. While we are at it I see the 'refund' being in the pro column a bit too much here. Do you not factor in the fact that you need to take time out of your day to go to the post office (only open till 5), and have to pay for shipping. So by me and (him) buying that it cost more time and money to do so. When I very well could have just purchased the book from a different facilitator.

I do think that evilawd was compensated for it and that is sweet that he got his money back and then some, However, it looked like it took a lot of effort to do so. What is the point in even sending out the 9.4 or 9.6 to even begin with? If evilawd didn't say anything he would have paid for a 9.8 and be stuck with a 9.6. Just as I would have been stuck with a 9.4 but paid for a 9.8.

If you bought something from Target and they sent you a broken product would you just say oh...ok...Well its Target and they have been around for a while so It must be me!

Thank you Starlord for chiming in, more people need to tell there stories.

Poor evilawd all he is trying to do is point out that he was wronged by Dscott and all you guys do is blast him (probably in hopes that Dscott will somehow reward you for doing so...probably the only reason to be honest, which is sad.) With that being said, you can add me to the list of people that purchased one thing and received another.

If I wanted free stuff/reward, I'd just complain about dscott apparently...

No, you take time out of your day to drive to Target to get a refund....

They add a return label anyway lol

And to have Dre chiming in trying to look like a knight in shinning armor, admitting that he knows the OP personally, stinks of outside influence towards the OP in hopes of stealing "business" away from Doug.

+1

This is absolutely absurd. Anyone that knows or has met the OP and or Dre should know better to make a reaching assumption like this.

It's funny when people like OP who have a "Posting disability" get into social media, but it's absolutely hilarious when long time posters create quote fails and use terrible grammar...

+1

This is absolutely absurd. Anyone that knows or has met the OP and or Dre should know better to make a reaching assumption like this.

Thank you.

Oh lord. This guy needs to get off his high horse and take a xanax.

If this was happening on the scale that he insinuates, then Doug would be out of business.

How can he not see where his arguments just fall flat on the floor in light of facts.

So far only one person has stated that he was also affected by the problems OP experienced, but he has dealt with them and seems fine with it. Some people just can't be made happy. That's when both parties just need to walk away... not try and drag the other party through the dirt.

I get the impression that the OP might have severe OCD and that it extends even into a transactional level --- wherein if the deal does not go exactly as contracted, it is unacceptable. Now I get that they paid for a 9.8 5x SS something something along with a raw copy of the same book in NM+ (yeesh)... and that all they want is exactly that (no refund as that would also derail the original transaction). And it will at some point get there but I can see how this still will not be enough as it did not happen all in the correct order and without a lot of back and forth.

Maybe I am reading into that wrong. And I feel for the OCD nature of this situation if that is indeed the case. As for using this as some case against a particular facilitator--- umm-- no-- that seems like a reach. Based on others comments-- this is sort of the way these things work when you are paying ahead of time for something that does not yet exist.

All I can say to the OP is good luck and maybe take a break from the thread (or at least responding to it) as you are not coming off very well here. Blaming that on grammar alone is not the problem.

Just glad I am not into this type of collecting as it does not seem like it is about enjoying the books at all.

This has definitely taken the enjoyment out of it I assure you.

It's funny when people like OP who have a "Posting disability" get into social media, but it's absolutely hilarious when long time posters create quote fails and use terrible grammar...

People can try and distract what this post is about all they want. They can make fun of me for grammar and wanting what is right however everything will work its way out in the end.

The truth will get out and that is what matters.

I don't understand what the truth is supposed to be. That's a problem when you are trying to explain an idea in public.

Some people just won't get it. So you live with it and move on

+1

Thank you!

It is sad to see people take sides instead of trying to understand what is really happening.

If I wanted free stuff/reward, I'd just complain about dscott apparently...

:idea:

Doug! The pretzels you sent me are making me thirsty! What gives?

Maybe I'm missing something. Some mistakes were made by the facilitator. It appears he is doing everything in his power to fix those mistakes. What else can he do?

To be clear I am making no statement about if this type of sale should happen in the first place. I don't know enough to comment on that.