• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facilitators, Scared Boardies & Cool Books - A Love Story

219 posts in this topic

The truth will get out and that is what matters.

The truth is, someone sent back his copy just so you could get one right away, and not only did you not thank the boardie, you're still crying. Based on that:

A) my ignore list just grew by 1

B) I don't give a fig about sig series, but if I did, all you've done is show the boards what a standup guy this facilitator is

C) what you collect sucks

Flame on!

This will be my last post on this topic publicly. Any questions about any issues feel free to pm me about them.

I've also sent out a message to all customers of mine altering them to this thread and urging them to contact me with any customer service issues they might have. No one should feel that they can't address an issue with my directly. My personal cell number is avaible on our website so that people can reach me directly.

We do a great deal of business on here and online all together. Well over a million dollars a year in transactions, I believe this year it was close to ten million total that passes through our accounts.

I don't say this to brag, but to point out that like any business of this volume mistake do and will happen. I mentioned this to the op in our private message chain. When I stated we are learning and will continue to learn. What we as a company should be judged on is our response to those mistakes when they are brought to our attention. We budget and plan for refunds each year for every transaction from the $5.00 signature fee to the $15,000.00 piece of Frank Miller art. It might be hard to believe but I don't personally ship every order. We have people we pay just to open cgc orders, process them and ship them out. Those employees do not follow comics nor do they understand much about cgc. They see a name on a list and send out a book that corissponds. (Obviously this training is an issue we will address moving forward)

Each and every time one of these mistakes has been brought to my attention I personally have done everything I could to rectify the situation. To make sure the customer is happy. I was aware of Starlords issues(as well as a few other customer issues on select products) and me and him dealt with them to his satisfaction.

We provide a full refund for everything we offer with the expcetion of buyers remorse.

As for the delivery time of a book I expect customers to wait no longer than the time needed to get the signatures requested and the time CCS/CGC needs with their books.

Would now be a good time to mention the Kristen Ritter SS presale for Wizard World St. Louis 2016 that never happened because she canceled, and for which refunds were not provided even when asked?

More meat on this bone would be helpful. This sounds like a cut and dry PL issue based on your statement if people are still out funds for something like this.

Would now be a good time to mention the Kristen Ritter SS presale for Wizard World St. Louis 2016 that never happened because she canceled, and for which refunds were not provided even when asked?

By all means please chime in. My butt hurts here!

This thread seems to have gone completely off topic. It seems the op is simply asking if others have had similar transactions and , if so, what are they and were they compensated? Now, it has turned into what the op received and he is being blasted for asking what was a general question about interactions into one transaction concerning one 9.8 SS purchase, which has now become about the Batman foils only. That being said, out of 12 plus pages of comments only a few have actually commented on the original subject at hand. Most comments have no bearing on the main subject that was brought up and instead are vehemently against the op regarding compensation. It is one thing to chime in on your personal dealings with individuals positive or negative, and completely different when you are posting in ignorance. The posts reflecting negative or positive interactions are being ignored and this has turned into a post blasting the op for simply asking if others have been wronged.

It was never on topic. I too logged in for the Love Story part! Scared boardies?!? He was all over the place so you cannot be surprised if people respond to that as well as to his content.

Given the current situation no one even knows what the OP wants to happen. he wants what he wants but that does not exist. Yes it is unfortunate, no one disagrees I don't think (not even dscott, the seller).

Thank you Chrisco

SO let me see if I get this right, it would be okay for me to take Doug's generosity exploit him for extra stuff and call it a day while others are getting hosed? I don't see how it's exploiting someone to accept their offer to rectify a bad situation. I probably would've just taken the full refund when the wrong book was sent. And I don't see where others are getting hosed either. It does appear that some better communication moving forward on dscott's part might be in order if something like thishappens again.

Spoiled comic junkie? Far from it however I would be willing to bet if you purchased something and they didn't communicate about it being wrong initially

sent you what you didn't buy

lied to you multiple times you would be okay with that? No, I'd probably be irked that they just assumed it was okay to send a different book. But, I'd survive. And I'd ask for a full refund (including return shuipping). I think you were offered even better than that.

I don't believe that for a second.

On another note if I am so wrong take the thread down, ban me? I'm not a mod, so I can't take the thread down. Even if I could, I wouldn't. Being wrong about something isn't automatic grounds for having a thread deleted.

The fact here is was there a mistake yes there was, did it get corrected seems to be working that direction. How many others did this happen too that didn't get corrected until I started the PM with Doug?

These are all facts and this is only the Batmans, we still the Justice League, Wonder Woman and so on. NOt really sure what you're saying here. Am I correct in assuming you are referring to future books/series? If you've "gotta have" these books to get your fix, find a new dealer/facilitator. Problem solved.

This goes way beyond me and fortunately it is now exposed.

I've made some responses above in red. Ultimately, as I said before, you're never going to be happy regarding the transaction.

Take your refund and spend it with someone else.

More meat on this bone would be helpful. This sounds like a cut and dry PL issue based on your statement if people are still out funds for something like this.

Doug has now made good on the refund since I've brought it up here. Long story short, he offered a presale for a Kristen Ritter SS book in March for Wizard World St. Louis. She ended up canceling that appearance. When I asked if I could have the money I paid for the Ritter book applied to another order I was placing with him at the same time, I was told that the books for Ritter had already been pulled and were on the way to her next appearance (i.e. no refund). There was never another con appearance for Ritter in 2016.

Per my PM with Doug tonight, he mentioned that refunds for the original opp were offered in a group PM and those who had purchased the presale had elected to receive them. Since I don't take part in all of Doug's PMs, I can't say one way or the other whether this offer was made to the group. I just know I wasn't informed until I brought it up in a public forum.

As stated, Doug has now refunded me for this presale and I'm satisfied with the outcome. I think more communication would have been beneficial for all parties in this matter.

It was never on topic. I too logged in for the Love Story part! Scared boardies?!? He was all over the place so you cannot be surprised if people respond to that as well as to his content.

Given the current situation no one even knows what the OP wants to happen. he wants what he wants but that does not exist. Yes it is unfortunate, no one disagrees I don't think (not even dscott, the seller).

Bird,

I should not have to negotiate me getting what I paid. That was I wanted?

When I found out others didn't get what they had purchased it made this situation worse.

Maybe a lot of you are right I should have just kept on Doug getting all I can for my specific transaction. That is not me again Bird all I wanted was the book I purchased. Instead I got excuses and lies forcing Doug to do something. It should have never come to that.

Maybe I shouldn't care what happens to other boardies however it is hard to see them get the same treatment. Scared they won't get there books back or that others won't deal with them.

I said this for the little guys as a result Doug has reached out to make things right.

That is progress.

Maybe if more people chime in you guys will see these aren't just one offs.

From what I gather the op simply asked if others have purchased from dscott and were not made aware ahead of time that what they were actually receiving was not what they believed they were to receive. I believe that is the only topic. A couple of people have came out saying the same thing happened to them and others claim dscott has taken care of them in past situations. The Kristen Ritter SS post I know nothing of that, so I cannot speak to that subject.

*Well, it seems the Kristen Ritter SS has been corrected.

This thread seems to have gone completely off topic. It seems the op is simply asking if others have had similar transactions and , if so, what are they and were they compensated? Now, it has turned into what the op received and he is being blasted for asking what was a general question about interactions into one transaction concerning one 9.8 SS purchase, which has now become about the Batman foils only. That being said, out of 12 plus pages of comments only a few have actually commented on the original subject at hand. Most comments have no bearing on the main subject that was brought up and instead are vehemently against the op regarding compensation. It is one thing to chime in on your personal dealings with individuals positive or negative, and completely different when you are posting in ignorance. The posts reflecting negative or positive interactions are being ignored and this has turned into a post blasting the op for simply asking if others have been wronged.

Yes, like it or not, people are allowed to have an opinion.

Doug has now made good on the refund since I've brought it up here. Long story short, he offered a presale for a Kristen Ritter SS book in March for Wizard World St. Louis. She ended up canceling that appearance. When I asked if I could have the money I paid for the Ritter book applied to another order I was placing with him at the same time, I was told that the books for Ritter had already been pulled and were on the way to her next appearance (i.e. no refund). There was never another con appearance for Ritter in 2016.

Per my PM with Doug tonight, he mentioned that refunds for the original opp were offered in a group PM and those who had purchased the presale had elected to receive them. Since I don't take part in all of Doug's PMs, I can't say one way or the other whether this offer was made to the group. I just know I wasn't informed until I brought it up in a public forum.

As stated, Doug has now refunded me for this presale and I'm satisfied with the outcome. I think more communication would have been beneficial for all parties in this matter.

I know I said I was done posting but I did want to address Jason's issue for him. Which I would have done just as quickly if he had pmed me privately.

The above is correct, Ritter cancelled her appearance at St. Louis this year. We sent the books to Tampa Bay

San Franscio

And New York City to be signed by her in an attempt to track her down.

She cancelled all signings. The books are in our office still in storage waiting to be signed by her at her next appearance. All funds are readily available for refunds when and if requested by the buyers. Like most SS Opps the owners almost all elected to wait it out in hopes that she has time to return to the con circuit in 2017. This is no different than several other opps currently being run on the signature series sub forum by myself and every other facilitator. I waited 2 years for Arnold to sign some books after I paid. I'm still waiting 4 years later for an Ebas sketch cover and 3 years from another artist. All three of those opps are by other facilitators cancellations and waiting is not uncommon in the SS world.

Thread seems to be helping others that was my only intent!

Bird,

When I found out others didn't get what they had purchased it made this situation worse.

Maybe a lot of you are right I should have just kept on Doug getting all I can for my specific transaction. That is not me again Bird all I wanted was the book I purchased. Instead I got excuses and lies forcing Doug to do something. It should have never come to that.

Maybe I shouldn't care what happens to other boardies however it is hard to see them get the same treatment. Scared they won't get there books back or that others won't deal with them.

I said this for the little guys as a result Doug has reached out to make things right.

That is progress.

OP if you knew what you were doing, this would have been posted in the discussion thread of the Sales Forum.

You aren't leading some crusade against people who've been stiffed.

I know I said I was done posting but I did want to address Jason's issue for him.

The above is correct, Ritter cancelled her appearance at St. Louis this year. We sent the books to Tampa Bay

San Franscio

And New York City to be signed by her in an attempt to track her down.

She cancelled all signings. The books are in our office still in storage waiting to be signed by her at her next appearance. All funds are readily available for refunds when and if requested by the buyers. Like most SS Opps the owners almost all elected to wait it out in hopes that she has time to return to the con circuit in 2017. This is no different than several other opps currently being run on the signature series sub forum by myself and every other facilitator. I waited 2 years for Arnold to sign some books after I paid. I'm still waiting 4 years later for an Ebas sketch cover and 3 years from another artist. All three of those opps are by other facilitators cancellations and waiting is not uncommon in the SS world.

Another issue with private sales thread!

Bird,

That is progress.

OP if you knew what you were doing, this would have been posted in the discussion thread of the Sales Forum.

You aren't leading some crusade against people who've been stiffed.

but he is running a crusade about following the sales rules on this website.

Thread seems to be helping others that was my only intent!

From my experience in reading comics...can you really rationalize with someone with "evil" in their name?