• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's with the need for owning multiple copies?

153 posts in this topic

When it comes to a personal collection, what's the reasoning behind collecting multiple copies of the same issue? Psychologically, what's behind that desire? I understand that for speculators, you buy multiple copies to sell when the issue is hot. But I for one love buying the same issue over and over again for my PC, and I'm not sure what's driving that urge. Thoughts?

When it comes to a personal collection, what's the reasoning behind collecting multiple copies of the same issue? Psychologically, what's behind that desire? I understand that for speculators, you buy multiple copies to sell when the issue is hot. But I for one love buying the same issue over and over again for my PC, and I'm not sure what's driving that urge. Thoughts?

:o

If I want a better copy or am speculating like black panther #1 or FF annual #6 and indeed those were good decisions

I don't have many duplicates anymore - mine were usually either a function of not keeping track of inventory, or upgrading. But sometimes I'll keep a really nice cents copy even if I get a really nice pence copy to replace it - I like to look at them side-by-side. Also, I just kept two nice copies of Captain Atom 86, because one copy's cover was way off register, creating a novelty comparison.

I like to get a second copy sometimes as a back up. Sometimes as a reader duplicate for a slab. I might do it so I can move a slab on and still have a copy as a hedge I guess you could say.

Strictly speaking in terms of my PC I hate duplicates though. They clutter up my collection. Nothing psychological about that.

There are those that have dozens of slabbed IMSM copies too

because they thought for some reason it would take off

they will never take off

they are the first appearance of nothing

There of 75-100 copies printed of what I am looking for. I want them all. :cloud9:

Some of my duplicates are upgrades from comics I got as a kid and have a sentimental attachment to. (My curse). Others I'm waiting to try and sell but never seem to make the time. That said, I don't have a lot of duplicates.

they will never take off

IMSM ? (shrug)

International Master of Strategic Marketing?

Industrial Mathematical and Statistical Marketing?

they will never take off

IMSM ? (shrug)

International Master of Strategic Marketing?

Industrial Mathematical and Statistical Marketing?

The infamous Iron Man & Sub-Mariner Hoard!

I would like to own a short box of Spawn 1

If anyone would like to assist with this cause, please PM me

....sorry, bro..... all I've got are unopened cases (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u