• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's with the need for owning multiple copies?

153 posts in this topic

I have doubles of IH 181, IH 180, NM 98,BA 12, Mad Love. ASM 135 (one's MJI) ASM 134 (ones MJI)

I don't know why, but I think on some of them I didn't think that I got a "good enough deal" on the first one I got lol so I tried to get a better deal on the 2nd with a higher grade :insane: none of which got me 9.8's and I'd probably trade any one of these doubles for 1---9.8 hahahaha

It's just the monies that I had at the time etc.

I buy on ebay but have never sold so that feedback is 0 and I don't want to sell 1 just to never sell again for a long time and make my feedback look faulty........also I "bought" the doubles too close together so it is not worth (probably) selling cause I won't make my money back

:):hi::tonofbricks:

I just sorta jumped right back into collecting after a 27 year hiatus. I just started buying and haven't actually had time to organize. I got a Swamp Thing Volume 1 and Volume 2 run in my sock drawer. (Bagged and Boarded, of course :banana:)

Got a Miller DD run. I got multiples in these runs because I forget what I have and don't have [cause I'm not organized yet] It's kinda funny. I'm going to Terry's con at the end of this month and I'm gonna have a list of what I have and don't have because I'm gonna get organized

When it comes to a personal collection, what's the reasoning behind collecting multiple copies of the same issue? Psychologically, what's behind that desire? I understand that for speculators, you buy multiple copies to sell when the issue is hot. But I for one love buying the same issue over and over again for my PC, and I'm not sure what's driving that urge. Thoughts?

I'm going to use my psychic powers to unearth Reno's real question, which is...focusing hard... "I want a copy too. Why are some of you such dorks?"

If everyone who posted their multiple copies would just send me ONE of their copies, it would enhance the mess out of my collection and their collections would barely notice.