• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's with the need for owning multiple copies?

153 posts in this topic

Not really.

I think it is more important for them to be worth something to you. Money is a cheap commodity (easily made and lost). If you enjoy those books then who cares what someone else thinks of them or their FMV?

I often pay well over FMV for books I want. Is it a smart investment? Not a smart monetary investment, but a smart investment in myself and what I enjoy collecting.

Keep collecting what you like. (thumbs u

Simple arithmetic. If one is good, more is better. ;) Why not have more than one if a comic is a particular favorite?

Batman244s_sm_zpsvxhccbdn.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-244-Sep-1972-DC-4-copies-Batman-359-332-260-366-Great-Lot-/152355464330?hash=item237917e48a:g:s6oAAOSw241YUOU9

IMG00976-20120610-1209.jpgIMG00975-20120610-1206.jpg

Oh no, youve let out the secret, now you're going to crash the market on these previously believed to be ultra rare books. There goes my retirement! There's always my hoard of moon knight 1....

Living here in the UK before the days of ebay/internet etc you just had to take what you could get, so I collected everything I could.

40 years or so of upgrading and absorbing smaller collections means I have a lot of duplicates.

I have never been one for selling so on it goes :)