• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's with the need for owning multiple copies?

153 posts in this topic

Also, as a collector, when you like something and get a kick out of just looking at it, there's something even cooler about looking at 2 or 5 side by side. And IM#1 is a pretty nifty cover. Far from my only multiple, but it's a good example.

The buzz for me is seeing a run that someone carefully pieced together, not a pile of the same thing. A straight flush beats four of a kind.

And I agree, despite my proclivities seeming to be to the contrary. (I do have some full runs too...I'm infected both ways!)

I have a few copies of Marvel 2 in 1 #51, maybe about 7.

I buy it when I see it for sale.

Not sure why, but I always loved the cover and it is cool seeing them paid out next to each other.

Might have to go looking for it again now.

I see multiple copies like the ones batman_fan shared and I can't help but get a little excited. I love seeing the same cover several times. I just don't know why. I like it even more when they're the same grade. I've got about ten copies of ASM 265 and five copies of several different Avengers issues from the same period. Don't know why. I just want more of them. Love those multiples!!!

Per the OP's request here's a pair side by side with the same grade.

Please forgive the horrible photography (not my strong suit). Obviously the flash is causing numerous problems when reflecting off the CGC cases (especially in the lower right corner of the book on the right).

257q7x3.jpg

I agree with Batman Fan; I see no reason anyone should own more than one copy of a book....

21br61h.jpg

You could corner the market on Jo Jo 25's

I don't know about cornering the market, but I should wouldn't mind adding the ones you have to the collection. Those are NICE!