• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's with the need for owning multiple copies?

153 posts in this topic

I don't get it either :insane:

Have another one on the way ... that will get pressed and slabbed

5723C5E2-7824-4ECC-832F-759430D52C23.jpg

Thanks to a boardie ....

MOAR !!!!!!

2864DF3C-C235-41A1-A54D-D555C6302369.jpg

at least in this case your new acquisition is a variant of the others.

So how bad are these addictions we suffer from?

Does anyone here have more than 100 copies of any SA or GA book?

You do not have to say how many or the exact book, just yes or no.

I am limiting this question to gold and silver as it seems to easy to have 100 copies af a book printed last week or even 10 years ago.

I am limiting this question to gold and silver as it seems to easy to have 100 copies af a book printed last week or even 10 years ago.

At one point I had 8 Showcase 22, but now down to four respectable copies. Normally, for books I enjoy, two the minimum will make me happy. :)

Probs just this one at more than 100, have about 5 boxes

although I guess this is a book that most would rather have none of lol

CapGallant1.jpg

This thread baffles me. I have two copies of a book for precisely as long as it takes to sell or give away the undercopy. When the opportunity cost of owning a duplicate is forgoing owning something different, why would I do that?

:eyeroll:

I have seen people with OCD issues continually buying multiples of an object. For me and my favorite ASM issue I have owned 4 copies of it in my pc. I eventually sold 2 with 2 left.

Like someone stated earlier sentimental reasons keep me from selling some books. I have an ASM #129 in 9.6 but keep my CGC 7.0 because I remember when I bought it when I was 12 for $7

Probs just this one at more than 100, have about 5 boxes

although I guess this is a book that most would rather have none of lol

CapGallant1.jpg

I have not seen that book before.

Maybe you have all the copies.

IMG_4266_zpsurzhjgm3.jpg

Collectively, a 9.8!

:insane:

:roflmao:

I don't collect multiples of pricey books because comic funds are limited, so if I have money to spend on a nice book, I'd rather buy something I don't already have. However, I do absolutely understand the compulsion. It's probably not dissimilar from "troop builders" in the action figure world, who love to have armies of Stormtroopers, Cobra Troopers, etc. There's something about seeing something you love, and owning bunches of 'em. I get it.

That being said, I do occasionally pick up hoards in sale boxes, just for the hell of it. A stack of Cosmic Odyssey #1 for 50 cents a piece? Sure! I always pick up, like, X-Men 1 if I see it for 25 cents or whatever, and I have a stack of those. So i guess the answer is yes, I hoard, but I downscale it according to my budget! If I could afford stacks of GA Bats, sure, I guess I might hoard those too!

At any rate, it's a great thread and I love the group shots, keep 'em coming!