• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modern ASM #667 variant sells for $9K

429 posts in this topic

From the world of Moderns... :o

the seller posted this in the Dell'Otto appreciation thread in moderns

I am out of the small and illustrious ASM 667 club, but I'm $9,000 richer... who was saying that this wouldn't sell? You wouldn't believe how many emails I received. You also wouldn't believe how many offers north of $7.5K I received. I am sure I will regret selling it. To anyone who says that it is "absurd" that a modern can fetch this much... here's a warm glass of STFU. Thanks :)

ASM_667_zpspediwmzu.jpg

Can anyone explain?

[font:Book Antiqua]Gabriele Dell'Otto Covers had been on Fire.

This particular cover is consider the top of the cream...[/font]

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xamazing+spider+man+667+del+otto.TRS0&_nkw=amazing+spider+man+667+del+otto&_sacat=0

Can anyone explain?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xamazing+spider+man+667+del+otto.TRS0&_nkw=amazing+spider+man+667+del+otto&_sacat=0

[font:Book Antiqua]The Link that you provide show foreign variants, like L'Uomo Ragno from Italy and La Mole Spanish Variant.

The book that reach that price is:

Amazing Spider-Man (1998 2nd Series) #667B

Limited 1 for 100 Variant Cover by Gabriel Dell'otto Spider-Island: Part 1 of 6[/font]

Can anyone explain?

[font:Book Antiqua]The Link that you provide show foreign variants, like L'Uomo Ragno from Italy and La Mole Spanish Variant.

The book that reach that price is:

Amazing Spider-Man (1998 2nd Series) #667B

Limited 1 for 100 Variant Cover by Gabriel Dell'otto Spider-Island: Part 1 of 6[/font]

Thx for clarifying now I'm not so baffeled

I am out of the small and illustrious ASM 667 club, but I'm $9,000 richer... who was saying that this wouldn't sell? You wouldn't believe how many emails I received. You also wouldn't believe how many offers north of $7.5K I received. I am sure I will regret selling it. To anyone who says that it is "absurd" that a modern can fetch this much... here's a warm glass of STFU. Thanks :)

:o Well that settles that then. lol

I saw when it first hit ebay. Something like 50 views an hour with 40 watchers in 18 hours, and the book sold in under a day. Flipping books is not my thing, but I'd say yours was a successful one.

Congrats on the sale, and yeah I'll be taking your membership key to the club house on your way out the door. :grin:

-J.

Before anyone pops champagne corks for this individual, take note of the following:

Item listed for sale. I contact with an offer. Seller says fine, contact via CGC boards. I am tied up with family business for a day and in different timezone.

Seller sends a message via Ebay, asking if I still want the item. I say yes, and follow up with another email.

Then I learn via my good friend Master Jay here the item has been sold. I check the thread, and sure enough, here's the seller gloating ( :boo: ) When I advise this is unprofessional, I am advised "it is what it is" and that I am letting my emotions "get the better of me", which is ridiculous as anyone who has done business with me would know.

So, one seller with more $ (albeit temporarily I'm guessing) but far less credibility.

I think I will now go and snap up another AF#15 in the 2.0-3.0 grade. With a professional seller...

:popcorn:

:o Well that settles that then. lol

I saw when it first hit ebay. Something like 50 views an hour with 40 watchers in 18 hours, and the book sold in under a day. Flipping books is not my thing, but I'd say yours was a successful one.

Congrats on the sale, and yeah I'll be taking your membership key to the club house on your way out the door. :grin:

-J.

Before anyone pops champagne corks for this individual, take note of the following:

Item listed for sale. I contact with an offer. Seller says fine, contact via CGC boards. I am tied up with family business for a day and in different timezone.

Seller sends a message via Ebay, asking if I still want the item. I say yes, and follow up with another email.

Then I learn via my good friend Master Jay here the item has been sold. I check the thread, and sure enough, here's the seller gloating ( :boo: ) When I advise this is unprofessional, I am advised "it is what it is" and that I am letting my emotions "get the better of me", which is ridiculous as anyone who has done business with me would know.

So, one seller with more $ (albeit temporarily I'm guessing) but far less credibility.

I think I will now go and snap up another AF#15 in the 2.0-3.0 grade. With a professional seller...

:popcorn:

If World Devourer is going to buy an AF15 instead then I say he got lucky that the situation ended up this way. If the seller was gloating before informing potential buyers then that is some weak sauce!