• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,642 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2021 at 4:38 PM, HuddyBee said:

First published Matt Baker art (if I'm not mistaken). Just picked it up!

Jumbo Comics 69 f.jpeg

Quick question for everyone. With this book that I recently posted above (Jumbo 69) do you guys think it would be worth pressing before grading? I always get my modern books pressed, but considering this book is pushing 80 and isn't super high grade, I'm not sure. Also the only really pressable defect is some pretty minor creasing that you can see in the photos. Thanks.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:14 PM, HuddyBee said:

Quick question for everyone. With this book that I recently posted above (Jumbo 69) do you guys think it would be worth pressing before grading? I always get my modern books pressed, but considering this book is pushing 80 and isn't super high grade, I'm not sure. Also the only really pressable defect is some pretty minor creasing that you can see in the photos. Thanks.

I crack my slabbed Jumbo so I can read and enjoy.  Of all the GA books, especially FH, Jumbo have the most of the best : ) 

On 1/17/2022 at 10:56 AM, kelholt said:

Early Jungles are a real joy to hold. Here is my newest Jungle. The first pic below is when I lost it early on in 2021 via auction.

0DA82C6F-7B6D-4CBA-8FE0-10F7E298F838.thumb.jpeg.be2b34d79ffb5877ac685354cb67ca12.jpeg

Not too long ago it came back up for sale and I purchased it. Here is the pic from the scan of that sale.F4CD33BF-79BA-4DF0-98BA-84FADD27DEE7.thumb.png.d162ee5460c509dccfb8f54c006a2685.png The truth is somewhere in the middle when in hand, leaning more toward the second. Either way, it’s a super nice example. As most of you know, I don’t own a scanner. Funny how a simple scan can make a book look more vibrant. I enjoy the middle white background in this one as well as the undeniable Zolnerowich styling. I also like comic backs that sell stuff like toys and trinkets by sending off for them. (Back of early planets, ex Planet 8). This Jungle back is a close second as it’s the same back to Planet 13. Lots of color and fun action on the FH back.

E501FAE7-8C48-4BE0-A53E-26A59784E56A.thumb.jpeg.30525cfae5c5cbb8ad5f02e60f18382e.jpeg

That’s awesome Kelly! Love this Zolnerowich cover. I used to own the third highest graded but sold it a while back. Here’s my old one. 

F85C0338-E71B-4CC2-87E6-400489FE46A9.jpeg

A question for you Fiction House experts. I recently picked up this book. I noticed that CGC adds "Tiger Girl begins" to the label for this one. That had me looking up Tiger Girl's first appearance.

I've found a few resources that say Fight 32 is her first appearance. Why would CGC not call this her first appearance unless there is an earlier appearance in another title? Does she have an earlier appearance?

Maybe she's not too significant a character but I've seen many insignificant characters noted with first appearance.

20220118_161910_(1).jpg

On 1/21/2022 at 3:21 PM, BriD. said:

A question for you Fiction House experts. I recently picked up this book. I noticed that CGC adds "Tiger Girl begins" to the label for this one. That had me looking up Tiger Girl's first appearance.

I've found a few resources that say Fight 32 is her first appearance. Why would CGC not call this her first appearance unless there is an earlier appearance in another title? Does she have an earlier appearance?

Maybe she's not too significant a character but I've seen many insignificant characters noted with first appearance.

20220118_161910_(1).jpg

Not sure what the difference is between “begins” and “first appearance” I only know they do it a lot. Planet 1 label says “Flint Baker and Red Comet begins”, Planet 4 label says “Gale Allen and the Girl Squadron begins”.  Same thing for first Star Pirate, Reef Ryan, etc

Great book by the way! I love all the body parts getting blown off in the background.