• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,646 posts in this topic

Did someone mention Planets? wink.gif

I just completed this small group...Planet 1 thru 5 in grade, unrestored, and all have off-white to white pages (3 and 5 are Larsons):

100_1134.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

What a grouping! hail.gif

We should create a thread for that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I just completed this small group...Planet 1 thru 5 in grade, unrestored, and all have off-white to white pages (3 and 5 are Larsons):

100_1134.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Beautiful group....my #1 doesn't hold a candle....I'd love to pick up the other issues in decent VG or better.....

Would that be the 'Wife left me, parents disowned me, kids won't acknowledge me, friends don't call anymore, and the dog ran away because I spend all my time and money on comics' thread?

My goodness, I love this hobby.

STEVE (making mine Larson)

100_1134.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

All super great books but the colors on that # 2 are just fantastic! 893applaud-thumb.gif

[ the first five issues of Planet Comics ]

sacentaur ...... WOW. Again WOW. Good grief that's a nice collection of books. It's fabulous to see them together.

BTW, I'm still available for adoption ... we can get the paperwork started today!

gozer

------------------------

Yes, I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam

by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?

100_1134.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Thanks for my new computer screen wallpaper!

hail.gif

Would that be the 'Wife left me, parents disowned me, kids won't acknowledge me, friends don't call anymore, and the dog ran away because I spend all my time and money on comics' thread?

(making mine Larson)

You could post in that one.

Or this one

GA Group Shot

100_1134.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Sweet!

Those early issues are tough. I think I have maybe 2/3 of the issues 18 on, but nothing before that. Haven;t been able to pull the trigger on various books costing 2K and up (besides the fact they don't come up for sale that often!). Perhaps in 20 years...

Thanks one and all for the kind comments - I enjoyed sharing the group scan with you. A lot of effort went into finding just the right copies.

I'm now working on Planet 6-10. I picked up the following book the other day (and thanks to Stephen and Frank at Metropolis for the personalized communication and service):

100_1143.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Thanks one and all for the kind comments - I enjoyed sharing the group scan with you. A lot of effort went into finding just the right copies.

I'm now working on Planet 6-10. I picked up the following book the other day (and thanks to Stephen and Frank at Metropolis for the personalized communication and service):

100_1143.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

Awesome...definatly has the scientifiction pulp feel to it.... cloud9.gifhail.gif

100_1143.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)

I will not rant about sacentaur's comics.

hail.gif What a great looking book! The pages on that copy look stunning for an early FH.

Great group. I love that #3 cover, nice composition.

100_1134.jpg

STEVE (make mine Larson)