• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
27 27

9,665 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2024 at 2:01 PM, Robot Man said:

IMG_8884.jpeg

Wow, that is one of the best house ads I’ve ever seen! Both the Jungle and Planet are as cool as can be, and the Fight is no dog either. That Jungle number one cover has always fascinated me as ridiculously well-rendered.  :x

On 5/25/2024 at 7:01 PM, buttock said:

If this isn't a classic cover then I don't know what is. 

kaanga 18.jpg

The colors are sooo nice on that one.  They should give it 'gorilla cover' label notation.

On 6/5/2024 at 2:18 PM, C. Spaulding said:

I was snooping around WhatNot last night and ran into someone selling a random box of GA. I was pretty happy that this was the first book he showed and no one was willing to bid over $20 for it.

I’ll post a picture when it arrives. The cover is detached but at that price…

IMG_0785.thumb.jpeg.9a137e717ba83917ebc4a4948bef08eb.jpeg

Wow, what a steal! Hopefully it is OK and complete. A $20. gamble is sure worth it. Hard to lose at that price.

On 6/5/2024 at 5:18 PM, C. Spaulding said:

I was snooping around WhatNot last night and ran into someone selling a random box of GA. I was pretty happy that this was the first book he showed and no one was willing to bid over $20 for it.

I’ll post a picture when it arrives. The cover is detached but at that price…

IMG_0785.thumb.jpeg.9a137e717ba83917ebc4a4948bef08eb.jpeg

So, I opened this package last night and it was a doozy. It’s a Fight Comics front and back cover but the inside was the exciting part. It had pages from three different books. Disney, some issue of Superman from the SA, and a few leafs from a General Electric promotional comic. 

Well it was worth a shot…

Anyone need a Fight Comics 3 cover in rough shape? :tonofbricks:

On 6/11/2024 at 11:50 AM, C. Spaulding said:

So, I opened this package last night and it was a doozy. It’s a Fight Comics front and back cover but the inside was the exciting part. It had pages from three different books. Disney, some issue of Superman from the SA, and a few leafs from a General Electric promotional comic. 

Well it was worth a shot…

Anyone need a Fight Comics 3 cover in rough shape? :tonofbricks:

Bummer, real sorry. I guess a set of covers is worth at least what you paid for it…:sorry:

Just another reason I refuse to look at WhatNot, IG, Offer Up or any other venue that has minimal information and the possibility of disappointment.

No grade, no description, no decent photos, no dice. Buyer beware…

On 6/15/2024 at 3:44 PM, kelholt said:

Happy Saturday FH friends,

Received this one in the mail today. I have been trying to get this issue for well over a decade. Underbidder several times on this tough book in a variety of grades. Very pleased with the colors once in hand, most scans are hit or miss even from “reputable” AH’s. Those who know me know I still do not own a scanner. You can see in the pic from my back yard the colors are legit 😜.

E8252784-5CAF-431A-9CB3-3DD6BC37BA12.jpeg

Nice colors on that book (thumbsu

Also, picked up another decent and reasonable Planet from Terry O. Still got about 20 to go.

By the way, Terry picked up a near complete FH collection. So anyone looking for any specific issues should contact him. He isn’t doing SDCC this year and was only at Torpedo.

IMG_9309.jpeg

On 6/15/2024 at 12:44 PM, kelholt said:

Happy Saturday FH friends,

Received this one in the mail today. I have been trying to get this issue for well over a decade. Underbidder several times on this tough book in a variety of grades. Very pleased with the colors once in hand, most scans are hit or miss even from “reputable” AH’s. Those who know me know I still do not own a scanner. You can see in the pic from my back yard the colors are legit 😜.

E8252784-5CAF-431A-9CB3-3DD6BC37BA12.jpeg

Nice score!

I, too, have been looking for that one for many years. I, also, get outbid every time.

Got an email from Terry O telling me he just bought a near complete FH collection and would be bringing it to Torpedo. I made a bee line to him and hit the Rangers. Lo and behold, there it was.

Problem was it was totally trashed. Big pieces out of the cover, lotsa tape, big crease down center, tears and a little brittle. And he wanted a kings ransom for it.

Now those who know me know I am not afraid of lower grade books especially rare ones. But, this was too bad even for me. And the price was cray cray. I would never be happy with it so I passed and bought a Planet instead.

So, congrats to you! I take comfort in knowing there is one less competitor for me.