• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

Hey all --

I've been jonesing to get a few key FF's back in my collection, so I went after a few tonight and won these three.

The first is just a cover I have always loved, and the very first MMMS ad on the front to boot...don't know why that's important, but it called to me.

The second is signed by Stan and my favorite Marvel artist, Joe Sinnott.  It's hard to find an FF #48 with bright colors and perfect centering, so this was a welcome addition to my collection.

Finally, I have never seen such a bright white cover on FF #67 as this copy.  The double cover means nothing to me, but the eye appeal is off the charts -- compare it to the lovely pedigree 9.4 from the same auction.  Very happy with all!

Dan

592f7aa12f241_FF37.thumb.jpg.d83edfb5da68ca4b88efe93f0f9897c8.jpg592f7ae6dd4d9_FF48.thumb.jpg.9eb0ce3572901518582ec39f0f31b350.jpg592f7af0b9c63_FF67.thumb.jpg.fbe8036b37ac2caeb2fd91ca30604e88.jpg592f7af65fe0d_FF679.4.jpg.4f8aa6f1026c9202c02469626d9e6a31.jpg

39 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Hey all --

I've been jonesing to get a few key FF's back in my collection, so I went after a few tonight and won these three.

The first is just a cover I have always loved, and the very first MMMS ad on the front to boot...don't know why that's important, but it called to me.

The second is signed by Stan and my favorite Marvel artist, Joe Sinnott.  It's hard to find an FF #48 with bright colors and perfect centering, so this was a welcome addition to my collection.

Finally, I have never seen such a bright white cover on FF #67 as this copy.  The double cover means nothing to me, but the eye appeal is off the charts -- compare it to the lovely pedigree 9.4 from the same auction.  Very happy with all!

^^     Awesome copies

1 hour ago, rjpb said:

I forgot about this auction, so missed everything A-H, I'll just assume I would have been outbid on anything I would have taken a shot at.

I flat missed one I was watching and the second one went for $100 more than I was willing to pay and $200 over GPA. :p

7 hours ago, Comicsarefun said:

This is my big win!  I overshot my budget for the entire auction on this one book, but it is one of my favorite WWII covers. 

RADAFA132017419_94619.jpg

Gem