• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 2017 ComicLink show 'em if you got 'em thread
11 11

789 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, DTM700 said:

Glad to knock this one off the list. 

DC Presents 26.jpg

Great looking copy! Might I inquire how much it sold for? Just curious how the market is on this book right now. I've got my copy back in Sarasota for a reslab -- I miss it. 

I had a few Batman books I wanted come up last night. I put in what I felt was a very strong bid on one book in the last few seconds and then walked away patting myself on the back for a job well done. Turns out I got shellacked. It's not even a key, but an underratedly tough 9.8 and very hard to find with a nice wrap. Looks like at least two other bidders were hip to it as well. I won the second book I wanted, but that was with the false confidence I was carrying in thinking I'd won the first book. After I found out I'd lost, I just pouted and gave up on the rest.

20 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I had a few Batman books I wanted come up last night. I put in what I felt was a very strong bid on one book in the last few seconds and then walked away patting myself on the back for a job well done. Turns out I got shellacked. It's not even a key, but an underratedly tough 9.8 and very hard to find with a nice wrap. Looks like at least two other bidders were hip to it as well. I won the second book I wanted, but that was with the false confidence I was carrying in thinking I'd won the first book. After I found out I'd lost, I just pouted and gave up on the rest.

Clink is a haven for snipers :whistle:

-bc

17 minutes ago, bc said:

Clink is a haven for snipers :whistle:

-bc

If I don't snipe - I don't win.  Stupid auctions end so late for us Eastcoast people that I seldom win the later books.

On 6/27/2017 at 7:33 AM, 1Cool said:

I thought prices were pretty low for this section of the auction compared to the Silver/Bronze section.  I just couldn't stay up late enough so I put in some low ball bids and ended up with a couple and was underbidder on 4 others.

Daredevil 168 CGC 5.5.jpg

Booster Gold 1 CGC 9.6.jpg

I was surprised on how long many of my lowball bids held out. I got one that I knew was borderline, but two others were really, really close. On the other hand, the two books I sold did much better than I had anticipated.

1 minute ago, 90sChild said:

50033060096000001451942012.jpg

Felt like I stole this one.  I bid twice the sale price, I feel bad for whoever sold it.  I was trying to find a raw 9.0 for the longest time and this ended up costing about the same.  But now I need a reader copy haha

There's a readable copy inside that case. :)

Absolute nada for me.  Was the under bidder on several, but once the bidding got crazy, I gave up early.  Didn't really see a lot of books this time around that I was overly excited about that I'd want to over pay for. 

13 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Got this book last night for a reasonable price. I suspect the interest in Pre-Hero is waning. Taking it's place is now PCH.

TOS#33.jpg

Gratz Bob - glad a boardie picked that one up ! You got it for a very reasonable price !

It was on my watchlist but blew my funds on a few of the early ToS issues-will post when I get off work.

Not sure if the PHM interest is fading or its just a matter of selective demand - the ToS 31 CGC9.2 went for $4,975 and the 35 in 9.4 went for $4,600 :ohnoez:

Same with that Strange Tales Annual #1 in 9.4 that went for $6,722 in the May CLink auction.

-bc

2 hours ago, bc said:

Gratz Bob - glad a boardie picked that one up ! You got it for a very reasonable price !

It was on my watchlist but blew my funds on a few of the early ToS issues-will post when I get off work.

Not sure if the PHM interest is fading or its just a matter of selective demand - the ToS 31 CGC9.2 went for $4,975 and the 35 in 9.4 went for $4,600 :ohnoez:

Same with that Strange Tales Annual #1 in 9.4 that went for $6,722 in the May CLink auction.

-bc

Thanks. Yes, the uber graded PHM sold very well but it's just pretty obvious from Board Sales threads and pricing in general that PCH and GA is 'hot'.  I think some of the PHM money is now going in that direction. The genres do have a common thread of 'cool' covers.