• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

French auction
3 3

117 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Congrats.

Thanks. You made it possible as I would have totally missed seeing that piece in that auction. I have had my eye on it for a number of years; getting it may in fact spur me to write a blog post on it which I have not done in a while. But again, thanks for pointing out the auction...it made my year although it may take a year to get as they have not even emailed me yet (only invaluable has so far) but I have been told to expect that here.

7 hours ago, wurstisart said:

Does anyone know what sell price were on the 2 Mignola Hellboy Cover ?

invaluable shows sleeping & dead #2 cover final hammer of 3700 eur, which is more with fees. 

On 4.2.2017 at 3:03 PM, Bird said:

fees fees fees! These foreign auctions hit US bidders hard.

watch out for those ** pieces!

(Still gonna bid though!) :sumo:

also in my case....but the other way around...living in my country a heritage auction win costs me 30% more incl fees and taxes..

4 hours ago, blizzardtonight said:

also in my case....but the other way around...living in my country a heritage auction win costs me 30% more incl fees and taxes..

To be fair any US winner should be dancing in the streets on a EUR conversion that's at fourteen year lows! Lord knows I've been taking advantage of it since 1.20 and under ;)

I saw this topic here but never really followed since I thought it wouldn't be worth the hassle for me.  Some items appear slightly cheap but it's not what I really follow.

Those Leandro Fernandez Punisher interior page were shocking though, I thought they were a few hundred max but they are pushing $1K?  I'm glad I still have a couple of those pages in my collection!

Malvin

okay, getting there. shipping info exchanged and now I just have to wire transfer the shipping payment and we should be on the way to actually receiving my art! You have to wire the payment and then wait for shipping quote and then wire that. :sumo:

well, they have a long lunch over there so the work day is shorter.

It took a week or 10 days before they even invoiced me. Then I waited a few days to pay, so that is on me, but getting to the bank between 9-4 on a weekday for the wire transfer is sometimes hard for me. That was about a week ago, at least. Now we are at the arrange shipping stage, which only occurs after payment is accepted.

I understood it would be this way thanks to a heads up from vodou. Paying the $35 wire transfer fee twice is annoying but I said I would be happy to pay fees so that shuts me up!

1 hour ago, Bird said:

well, they have a long lunch over there so the work day is shorter.

It took a week or 10 days before they even invoiced me. Then I waited a few days to pay, so that is on me, but getting to the bank between 9-4 on a weekday for the wire transfer is sometimes hard for me. That was about a week ago, at least. Now we are at the arrange shipping stage, which only occurs after payment is accepted.

I understood it would be this way thanks to a heads up from vodou. Paying the $35 wire transfer fee twice is annoying but I said I would be happy to pay fees so that shuts me up!

I should've told you that they will take credit card if you push the issue. Sorry about that!

Aw, man. My memory might be faltering me, but I could swear that Lazarus sword fight page was one that I was hem-and-hawing on a while back. I recall the asking price was about $400 and it sold for 773 Euro??? O.o

Where's that "The One That Got Away" thread...?

On 3/9/2017 at 9:53 AM, malvin said:

I saw this topic here but never really followed since I thought it wouldn't be worth the hassle for me.  Some items appear slightly cheap but it's not what I really follow.

Those Leandro Fernandez Punisher interior page were shocking though, I thought they were a few hundred max but they are pushing $1K?  I'm glad I still have a couple of those pages in my collection!

Malvin

Wow, you're right about the Fernandez Punisher pages.  I remember looking at the full page splash of the gravestone on splashpageart.com, and it was $275.  It went for 644€ in the auction.

Mike

49 minutes ago, MGS said:

Wow, you're right about the Fernandez Punisher pages.  I remember looking at the full page splash of the gravestone on splashpageart.com, and it was $275.  It went for 644€ in the auction.

Mike

I know! surprised no one else is discussing it.  Don't know what I am missing unless his run has become super popular.

Malvin

9 hours ago, malvin said:

I know! surprised no one else is discussing it.  Don't know what I am missing unless his run has become super popular.

Malvin

Just the fact that some french collectors don't have the faintest idea of fair market value for modern american comic art, especially the ones that buy only at auctions. Also, this  was the first auction happening in France with so much modern art. Some results have been overpriced as a result. Not many, just a few. Sometimes there's no reason for a crazy price.