• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE SUICIDE SQUAD directed by James Gunn (2021)
3 3

803 posts in this topic

Based on the trailers, I’m not getting how this is one of the highest rated superhero movies ever. RT has it better than The Dark Knight? I’m usually disappointed when movies are hyped like this but I’m now less skeptical and more excited about watching it tomorrow.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:30 AM, Oddball said:

RT has it better than The Dark Knight?

Just in terms of likability as measured by their Tomatometer, not overall quality.  The RT average critic rating for Dark Knight is 8.6, whereas for this it's 7.9.  That's not a small difference.

A friend is having a group of people over on Friday and is showing SS on a projector.  I guess that is one way to really get a lot out of a $30 purchase.  I'm looking forward to seeing it since I thought the first one was fun.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:52 AM, 1Cool said:

A friend is having a group of people over on Friday and is showing SS on a projector.  I guess that is one way to really get a lot out of a $30 purchase.  I'm looking forward to seeing it since I thought the first one was fun.

I can't imagine that a $30 projector provides a good quality image?

If you're thinking it costs $30 to see this film--it doesn't.  It's free for HBO Max subscribers.

I don't know when I'll get to see it. We don't have HBO Max here, and everything is in lockdown still, and is projected to be for awhile. Hopefully won't be long, I'm really looking forward to this. 

In what world would you subscribe to a streaming service and then have to pay for individual movies?  Oh, in Disney’s world. Well Suicide Squad is available at no additional cost if you subscribe to HBOMAX. If you don’t want the service, then sign up for a weeks free trial, binge watch everything and cancel.

The Suicide Squad is being review-bombed and James Gunn decided to respond to the practice on Twitter. The process of lowering a film’s score on Rotten Tomatoes, or lowering a rating on Metacritic has become commonplace in fan reactions for a variety of reasons. It seems the latest DC Comics movie is the latest project to find itself in that situation. Gunn was quick not to assign blame when asked by a fan on Twitter about what’s going on. In the grand scheme of things on the Internet, it can be hard to pinpoint exactly who is responsible for a given action at a time. The director was adamant that Snyder Cut fans should not be blamed for this moment because they’ve been very welcoming to him as a whole. Still, there’s some perception that they would have been responsible.

On 8/4/2021 at 8:34 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I love the useless black cloth covering it. Hmmm, what could possibly be under there? 

That black cover is hilarious. Reminds me of something we might see in the 1980's Justice League with Booster Gold and Blue Beetle.