• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker's Best Covers (Top 10)
7 7

341 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:
21 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Again, great cover but probably not Baker.

I have to respectfully disagree Tony..... if that isn't Baker, nothing is.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Quit disrespecting me! :cry: 

16 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Tony, you don't think Zago 4 is Baker?  What does the Art of Glamour list say?

"Cover [Baker?] Note: Jim Vadeboncouer Jr. thinks this is not Baker but an Iger Studio artist swiping him"

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

Honestly, on some of these Fox books it's tough to tell.  Baker? Part Baker? Iger artist copying Baker?

So true.  I recently saved to disc all the Fox jungle books at the Digital Comic Museum (I don't just download each book- I save each and every .jpg page, one by one- so I looked over all of them, recently), and I saw so many stories and individual panels that I thought just had to be Baker... and just as many where I couldn't quite decide. 

I think it's time we cleared up the mystery on some of these covers.  I have a friend in Sedona, Az who is a psychic medium.  I should ask her to ask Baker if he did any of these jungle books.  I'm sure he would tell us...  Want to share in her fee to end the question? :insane:  Of course, we might be laughing stocks if we reported the source of the answers... lol

Edited by tricolorbrian

6 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

Funny you should mention Diary Secrets #30... Tony and I both posted our copies in the Baker Romance thread about a week ago.  Go get caught up.  

Your TR 42 is just gorgeous- I want it.  I've got some magic beans, do you wanna trade me for it?

I'm not sure I could climb the beanstalk after the beans grew...:p

On 2/25/2017 at 10:04 PM, tricolorbrian said:

I go away for a week and we have another Baker thread...:wishluck:, but...you people need to know something.  A top ten Baker cannot have any word balloons on the cover.  :sumo:  So, I hereby eliminate any cover with word balloons from my top ten...except for WR 17...

So, these are examples of covers with no balloons that should be on the list, and i NEVER see anyone post this first one except me...is it scarce?

16359405259_7ff31ab72f_c.jpg

15923100134_be61ba557d_c.jpg

16359787387_4979461bec_c.jpg

16544390891_f2918e233d_c.jpg

OK, we now resume our regular programming...

HOLY MOLY!!  That's a posting!  I'll take them!

Here's my DS30 (I wanna be in the club!):

Diary Secrets 30 (582x800).jpg

2 hours ago, Yorick said:

HOLY MOLY!!  That's a posting!  I'll take them!

Here's my DS30 (I wanna be in the club!):

Diary Secrets 30 (582x800).jpg

Nice books guys. I really love "little men" covers. I have never seen a copy of this Diary Secrets in person and only a few for sale. I would think it's a pretty scarce one.

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Nice books guys. I really love "little men" covers. I have never seen a copy of this Diary Secrets in person and only a few for sale. I would think it's a pretty scarce one.

Wait a darn minute here...you mean I own a book you don't have Robotman?:whatthe: This might call for a party...:whee:

OK, I don't want to clutter up this thread with my top 10 pics, so here is a link to the top 12 in my collection (I couldn't pick just 10)...let me know what you think.  I only chose covers with no word balloons, with one obvious exception.  I'm outa here for a week or so...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48237384@N08/albums/72157680879454005

Edited by tricolorbrian

On 2/22/2017 at 8:16 PM, Robot Man said:

One of my favorites. Here's a tragic example. Was given to me for free by a friend. Just imagine it without the jacked bottom right corner...

comflyingjenny2_zps5qhhgacm.jpg

Too funny. I swear I remember seeing this exact copy at NYCC years and years ago. I initially passed b/c of the corner, then thought twice and went back to the dealer again (Basement Comics?) but it was already sold. Glad it found a good home!