• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2017 at 10:30 PM, N e r V said:

It's a bit much either way. 

I got a good laugh from it though. :)

Yes, they generally have a nice write up for all of their key books and also with most of their harder to find classic cover books.

On the other hand, I find the listing descriptions for the other 90%+ of their lots to be rather "wanting", with only the title and issue number, condition, and picture.

Definitely a case of the book having to sell itself, although this method probably makes the books very easy to be missed by potential bidders as they are scrolling through the countless pages of scans.

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, they generally have a nice write up for all of their key books and also with most of their harder to find classic cover books.

On the other hand, I find the listing descriptions for the other 90%+ of their lots to be rather "wanting", with only the title and issue number, condition, and picture.

Definitely a case of the book having to sell itself, although this method probably makes the books very easy to be missed by potential bidders as they are scrolling through the countless pages of scans.

When you are shelling out something like 200k plus for a book I'm going to guess that the extra hyperbole is probably not going to change the outcome.

I was serious though when I said I was genuinely assumed by that listing. It could have made Stan Lee blush. 

More please.

12 minutes ago, comicjack said:

If the power goes  out in Charlotte the chances increase greatly lol

Cell phone will be fully charged. 

On 6/3/2017 at 11:24 PM, n2wdw said:

As I was chatting with Harley at the Philly con, he said something interesting.  Offerings in upcoming auctions may be particularly good as people pay for what they got in the Berk auction.

Between the selling of books to pay for acquisitions and the selling of under copies for people's upgrades , seems like Cc will have some good content for a few auctions....