• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

Anyone eyeing the Venus 19?

Too rich for my blood

I am watching it, and the price is still cheap. A 4.0 sold earlier this year for $2200. 

Of the 67 books I am watching the one and only one that I considered to be at a nosebleed price is the A-Man 22.  Then again, that appears to be the going rate for a 4.5 AF 15, and there is no doubt in my mind which I would rather have. Sorry Spidey. 

Edited by october

9 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Any guesses on how many pages this thread will have BEFORE the first lot closes?

Seventy twenty bajillion

21 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

when everything is said and done do we see his breaking the billy wright collection totals......to claim the biggest collection ever to auction...

The BW collection sold for $3.5 million, iirc.  I think Berk's collection will sail by that total. 

25 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

A little.  Most of the stuff I am watching is on the low side but I expect all of them to go up significantly at the end.

All the books I want are already crazy prices.  ?

2 hours ago, SushiX said:

Anybody surprised at any prices so far?

I'm not seeing anything surprising.  For some books bidding hasn't really started, others are well on their way.

Anything interesting or in demand is going to go for eye popping prices despite the volume of books.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

A little.  Most of the stuff I am watching is on the low side but I expect all of them to go up significantly at the end.

This.

I had dinner with Jon and Bonnie last weekend and they asked how the bidding usually goes.  I said that I had seen enough interest already that indicated to me there was still a lot of bidding to come on many of the items.  They both expressed satisfaction with the decision to sell at this time and how the auction was being handled by ComicConnect.

Jon gave me a tour of what remains and, while just a tiny fraction of the original, they are all interesting pieces, many with sentimental value to him.

Just going through the selection is exhausting. It took me three hours just to go through the first 2 days of auction. As of now I am winning 66 items. Maybe I'll actually win one or two when the dust clears.