• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Odd he didn't have any ECs, crime , horror or GA stuff. He certainly had a lot more focus than I do. 

He has sold a lot of nice books over the years and it included a bunch of horror, misc GA and 50s comics.

The talk of not getting a catalog is slightly assuming to me. My copy was dropped into our recycle bin when it arrived by my GF. That's her way of saying "don't ".

Thank god I saw it in there before trash day arrived. lol

IMG_1079.thumb.JPG.35616dfba530a97f81157541a67891d0.JPG

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Not in this auction. Jon and I have pretty different tastes. As a rule, I'm not into the pre hero stuff or even (gasp) Centaurs.

centaurs sux...no one should be into them or even look at them...yuck...double yuck, I Tell you!

22 hours ago, Pickie said:

Well, I'm new here, but I think I can quite precisely imagine who wrote this ...:popcorn::whistle:

Sounds like a veeeery big fan of that book xD

I know Frank Cwiklik has written catalogs in the past. I always enjoyed reading his copy. And Frank is veeeery big, I think 6'9". I would guess it's Frank's work.

I was paging through the listings and I noticed something very, very disturbing:  I'm still high bidder on a ton of lots! :whatthe:

I ask only one small favor from my fellow boardies:  Out bid me and save me from bankruptcy! :cry:

29 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

centaurs sux...no one should be into them or even look at them...yuck...double yuck, I Tell you!

I agree.  Centaurs are not nearly as appealing as gataurs -- Half man/half reptile. :)

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I was paging through the listings and I noticed something very, very disturbing:  I'm still high bidder on a ton of lots! :whatthe:

I ask only one small favor from my fellow boardies:  Out bid me and save me from bankruptcy! :cry:

just wait till I start bidding... lol

Just now, Sqeggs said:

I agree.  Centaurs are not nearly as appealing as gataurs -- Half man/half reptile. :)

that's a statement I can endorse

Just now, G.A.tor said:
3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

just wait till I start bidding... lol

The ones you are bidding on are the ones I'm going to win.  It's the other books I want to be outbid on. :wishluck:

2 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

The ones you are bidding on are the ones I'm going to win.  It's the other books I want to be outbid on. :wishluck:

if only there was a list of said books hehe

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

If you all post yours I will post mine.

15 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

If you all post yours I will post mine.

No secret with me. Tec 29. 27 will certainly go 200K++ and the other Berk Tecs I already own a better copy.

I will bid strong, not crazy.

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I just sold some OA I had to make sure I get the 2 books I really want. :smirk:

Can you undo that deal?  I just put in pre-emptive bids on both of those books.