• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

A once in a lifetime experience would be the Cavs winning on the road.

Didn't one of their wins come on the road in last year's finals? hm

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
10 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

A once in a lifetime experience would be the Cavs winning on the road.

Didn't one of their wins come on the road in last year's finals? hm

That was a lifetime ago.

3 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

:sumo:

Not on our watch......

2 hours ago, SushiX said:

Yeeeeee! Bay area represent!!! Queen James and the Cavs going down tomorrow and it's not even gonna be close!

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Bay area Warriors!  :banana:

:sick: !! Even if I wasn't a Cavs fan I would be rooting for them!! The Warriors poor sportsmanship from multiple players is disgusting for the game. Just stop talking and start playing. I respect players like Durant, Curry, Thompson, and Livingston but guys like Zaza and David West are kind of dirty players and don't even get me started with Draymond he might as well be a hired thug as far as I am concerned. He is a great player too at times which makes it sad as he just can't stop the nonsense and get it together. I will say this I remember the 90s Bulls very well and of all the teams I have watched in my lifetime This Golden State team may be the most formidable. They have truly redefined the 3 point line. It literally took the Cavs setting a record to defeat them. As far as the NBA is concerned it's nice to see both Golden State and Cleveland finally be successful franchises. I still think my Cavs have like a 0.5% to win this series ? but trust if they can pull off a miracle and win Monday that percentage goes up significantly!! Good luck gentleman this has been fun albeit frustrating at times but mostly fun for sure!!

3 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Even in the UK where we don't follow basketball, the Cavs made an impact last year. I would love to see them make another comeback against  the odds - but it looks very unlikely doesn't it?

I like your style brother!!! ??

3 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

:sick: !! Even if I wasn't a Cavs fan I would be rooting for them!! The Warriors poor sportsmanship from multiple players is disgusting for the game. Just stop talking and start playing. I respect players like Durant, Curry, Thompson, and Livingston but guys like Zaza and David West are kind of dirty players and don't even get me started with Draymond he might as well be a hired thug as far as I am concerned. He is a great player too at times which makes it sad as he just can't stop the nonsense and get it together. I will say this I remember the 90s Bulls very well and of all the teams I have watched in my lifetime This Golden State team may be the most formidable. They have truly redefined the 3 point line. It literally took the Cavs setting a record to defeat them. As far as the NBA is concerned it's nice to see both Golden State and Cleveland finally be successful franchises. I still think my Cavs have like a 0.5% to win this series ? but trust if they can pull off a miracle and win Monday that percentage goes up significantly!! Good luck gentleman this has been fun albeit frustrating at times but mostly fun for sure!!

It's kind of funny how players on several teams of yesteryear have said they could have beaten the Warriors.  Didn't Magic say his best Lakers teams would have swept them?  Of course, it's impossible to accurately compare players and teams across eras.

I've always liked the old joke where an ancient sportswriter is asked:  "You saw Ruth play.  What do you think the Babe would hit today?" "Oh, probably .250."  "That's all?"  "Yeah, but you gotta remember he'd be 95 years old." 

The rules are different now. Those old team's would have physically beaten them into submission. I can't imagine Curry or Durant winning a shoving match with Rodman, Akeem, Laimbeer, etc.

1 minute ago, MrBedrock said:

The rules are different now. Those old team's would have physically beaten them into submission. I can't imagine Curry or Durant winning a shoving match with Rodman, Akeem, Laimbeer, etc.

Durant has about the skinniest legs I've ever seen.  Kirby's women had thicker arms than he has legs! 

6 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Speaking of Laimbeer and his reputation for physical play when i was young we had a video game called Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball. It was futuristic and you could literally blow people up on the court. The game took place in the year 2030. Bill Laimbeer had become commissioner of a basketball league, fired the referees and created a style of play without rules and shoving was encouraged. There were no fouls and the use of weapons was perfectly legal. It was actually pretty fun at the time haha!! 

1 minute ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Speaking of Laimbeer and his reputation for physical play when i was young we had a video game called Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball. It was futuristic and you could literally blow people up on the court. The game took place in the year 2030. Bill Laimbeer had become commissioner of a basketball league, fired the referees and created a style of play without rules and shoving was encouraged. There were no fouls and the use of weapons was perfectly legal. It was actually pretty fun at the time haha!! 

He went on to coach in the WNBA. Female combat basketball!

12 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

He went on to coach in the WNBA. Female combat basketball!

? Crazy right who would have thunk it?!! Bill was asked a few years ago on I think the Dan Patrick show who he would take in their prime MJ or Lebron and Laimbeer stated no doubt Lebron so apparently the Bad Boy is a James fan!! I think of all the current NBA stars Lebron with his size and strength is one of the only guys that could have survived and done well in other generations of basketball as well as we can all agree it was a different game even from when i was a kid in the 80s

2 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Didn't know my tickets comment would start a bball firestorm, but very glad to see my fellow GA junkies here so well versed in all things NBA xD

go Dubs.  I'm in SF and checked stubhub and cheapest seat is about $675.  Think I'll watch on TV and put that money towards one of the courtside equivalent Berk book purchases.