• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, HandsomeVanzant said:

Hey dudes and dudettes, the humble voice of ComicConnect  comes to you with a proclamation:

The beginning of the end is tonight, so don't hesitate to call with any last minute questions 1-888-779-7377

In general we're in the office Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm EDT, but we'll have assistance available the entire time the auction is ending this week, so don't hesitate to call. Also, FYI, calling and direct email to support@comicconnect is the preferred way to get in touch. Point is, if you message us on Facebook at 10:PM on Friday night, chances are it will not be seen until Monday of the next week. 

55173-KrustyAction1c.jpg

Still need a catalogue to get too excited for me   Just sayin

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

In five days, I guess the answer will be "no."

I think he kept his favorites...I know a few he still has so the answer is actually "yes"

For sure his Larson copy of Mystery Men 3 since it did not show up in the auction.  Interesting to note that he decided to keep the Larson copy and to let the Church copy go instead.  hm

Since Spidey was apparently his favorite comic book character, I am also assuming that he must be holding onto his AF 15 plus his ASM 1 -10 run since his Spidey auction run seems to start from ASM 11 and up. 

5 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:
17 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

56 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:
2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Do I get partial credit? hm

yes, you get a dit

:banana:

OMG, then what happens to the cre?? :whatthe:

Gator swept it up, along with everything else! :cry:

2 hours ago, walclark said:

Unfortunately, my Predators couldn't stretch it to a seventh game.  You wouldn't believe how electric the city of Nashville has been ever since the sweep of the Blackhawks.  It has been a wild ride.

I was rooting for Nashville. Nothing to be ashamed about. The played great and will have more opportunities.  ?

25 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

For sure his Larson copy of Mystery Men 3 since it did not show up in the auction.  Interesting to note that he decided to keep the Larson copy and to let the Church copy go instead.  hm

Since Spidey was apparently his favorite comic book character, I am also assuming that he must be holding onto his AF 15 plus his ASM 1 -10 run since his Spidey auction run seems to start from ASM 11 and up. 

He is selling the Church Mys Men run in its entirety and keeping the Larson 3 because Larson.

He is keeping the Spideys since that was the superhero that first hooked him for comics.

33 minutes ago, Comicdey said:

I was rooting for Nashville. Nothing to be ashamed about. The played great and will have more opportunities.  ?

They didn't just play hard, they deserved a better fate!  

23 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

He is selling the Church Mys Men run in its entirety and keeping the Larson 3 because Larson.

He is keeping the Spideys since that was the superhero that first hooked him for comics.

He kept the funny Pages 4/1 too

Just now, Flex Mentallo said:

I think that one was initially listed, then withdrawn.

Yes. It wasn't meant to be listed. Jon wanted it 

He is keeping a tiny selection of his collection and that include comics, art and misc items.  A number of the comics are Larson as that is his favorite pedigree.

5 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

He kept the funny Pages 4/1 too

AMF 1/3 and Amaz Man 15 are a couple others.

10 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Very valid point -- also, we gotta remember, many of the Old Guard were frequently on booze or drugs or both.  

Are we talking about comic dealers here?

58 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I have heard that he has said Science 2 is Lou Fine's best work in his opinion, even though he has the Fantastic 3. Does anyone know if he has the Mile High Science 2 and did not put it up? 

24 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have heard that he has said Science 2 is Lou Fine's best work in his opinion, even though he has the Fantastic 3. Does anyone know if he has the Mile High Science 2 and did not put it up? 

I don't believe he ever owned the Science 2 Church copy.  It's not among the books he's keeping.