• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

Just now, rjpb said:

I'm still "winning" 169 auctions, but the outbid notices are picking up steam.

Not too shabby at all... my instinctively picking up NBA Finals Game 5 ticks (going with my wife) has thrown a rather large wrench into the works as well.  The one thing that can beat comics = a once-in-a-lifetime experience  :insane:

I threw down bids on 275 lots, and all but a few I had the high bid at one point. My usual win rate with CC auctions is about 5%, and I'd be stoked if that held up. Down to 168 as I type this.

6 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
8 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Prices like this definitely confirms that I am from the old school and definitely nowhere near the same league as this generation of big money collectors.

Although this is definitely a great cover, but I simply don't see $38.5K or whatever it will sell for "worth of goodness" in this book here.  Especially when you have a slabbed 9.0 Larson copy and another unslabbed supposedly NM copy out there somewhere.  But to each, there own.  (shrug)

And a boardie owns the mile high copy too

Would that be this one or are we talking another ?

5 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

How many MUST WIN books does everyone have?

0 for me...  I think and hope and pray.  lol

Luckily, I mean it, luckily 0 for me as well.

And that's Jon's fault!! lol

5 hours ago, Pickie said:

Someday you'll find a top presenting 4.0 copy (creases or tears in the back cover, who cares) for a reasonable price ... :):wishluck:

I own a "top presenting " 4.0, but based on offers I've  received, unlikely a "reasonable price" can publicly be had....though one can always hope!

IMG_4261.JPG

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:
14 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
17 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Prices like this definitely confirms that I am from the old school and definitely nowhere near the same league as this generation of big money collectors.

Although this is definitely a great cover, but I simply don't see $38.5K or whatever it will sell for "worth of goodness" in this book here.  Especially when you have a slabbed 9.0 Larson copy and another unslabbed supposedly NM copy out there somewhere.  But to each, there own.  (shrug)

And a boardie owns the mile high copy too

Would that be this one or are we talking another ?

My bad as I had intended to mention that I was referring to the Church copy, but obviously I forgot.  doh!

Not sure if it's an actual NM copy, but that's what Chuck has it listed as in his MH catalogue.  Makes me wonder where some of these Church Centaur books are since they all seem to be scattered to the wind, unlike the Fox runs, Tep runs, Timely runs, etc. which have pretty much stayed intact to this point in time.  hm

18 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

My bad as I had intended to mention that I was referring to the Church copy, but obviously I forgot.  doh!

Not sure if it's an actual NM copy, but that's what Chuck has it listed as in his MH catalogue.  Makes me wonder where some of these Church Centaur books are since they all seem to be scattered to the wind, unlike the Fox runs, Tep runs, Timely runs, etc. which have pretty much stayed intact to this point in time.  hm

I've looked it over pretty good. It's nm for sure, unless something's happened to it since I've last seen

1 hour ago, exitmusicblue said:

Those who'd participated in CC "Collection" auctions before -- will a raw book get some kind of cert noting that it'd from the Berk collection?  

Dealers have certainly made up such certs when selling collections in the past.  I don't know whether CC intends to do so this time.  I'm thinking maybe not or we would have heard something by now, but I don't actually know.

5 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

lots start closing tomorrow, kind of interested in the 50s DC comic rack hm

First item up.  Second is the Marvel Slurpee cups.  The auction starts with a bang! 

16 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

The one thing that can beat comics = a once-in-a-lifetime experience  :insane:

A once in a lifetime experience would be the Cavs winning on the road.