• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

If enough people agree that books listed on another site, but discounted here, are allowable in the gold/silver/bronze forum, maybe the mods would modify the guidelines. I would think a % discount would need to be specified. At least 10%, for example.

FYI....4th superman cover is a description of the issue itself, it does not mean I am selling just the cover or a complete copy. It is simply a description that you would find on a CGC label. This reminds me of a police type interrogation that you see in the movies.

Every word, step or action you take is analyzed over and over....Maybe its just me but it seems rather tedious.

I had written something the other day and erased it because I figured you were getting too many posts. But I'll try and say it again. I'm sure you have a lot to contribute and it would be nice to have you join in, you might enjoy it and we will most probably learn from each other:) . However, if you chose not to, you have to take into consideration that this is a community and not just a sales venue.

When someone shows up and posts things that seem to be in a rush, it gets people's hackles up, we do try and look out for each other.

As for the different threads, for most of us, we are here to stay and therefore not in such a rush, so finishing one thread and starting another is not such a big deal. It's really not so much a selling venue as a collector's board, so selling is not the primary goal for most of us.

With that said, for those who have been asking, I did get the WW6, it looks very nice, was packed well...and I am sending it off today to have it graded (express). Tom and Gus have guaranteed that there is no restoration and I am going to just have it graded quickly so we can make sure of that.

I will post the results as soon as I get them.

...and before you all start laughing, YES, this is the first time I've sent in a book all by myself...although I have given them in ...in person at shows;)

Excellent Post !!! (thumbs u :headbang::golfclap::applause: Excellent post!!!

If enough people agree that books listed on another site, but discounted here, are allowable in the gold/silver/bronze forum, maybe the mods would modify the guidelines. I would think a % discount would need to be specified. At least 10%, for example.

I agree with you in principle, but have to say that the likelihood of this happening should probably be zero. Asking moderators or the community at large to make sure a book is being offered at discount from elsewhere is adding a layer of complexity that I believe Arch has said in the past he didn't want to get into doing.

Better to just do what you did, and eliminate the books from being able to be bought on one's site if one is listing them here, I think

i did that on a PM not the message board. Plus if I recall your price was 10 to 20 times guide.

I have gone to numerous conventions and bought and sold. Funny when I sell top notch stuff to dealers I never get more then guide price but the same comic in the same condition will be sold at 10 to 20 x guide at multiple dealer tables. I understand the need for a profit but it's funny how the CGC grade does not matter when a dealer is selling it(meaning I hear how the comic was undergraded from the dealer to warrant a bigger price) but it's gospel when a dealer is purchasing it. All I'm asking for is consistency folks and to respect people on this board.

i did that on a PM not the message board. Plus if I recall your price was 10 to 20 times guide.

I have gone to numerous conventions and bought and sold. Funny when I sell top notch stuff to dealers I never get more then guide price but the same comic in the same condition will be sold at 10 to 20 x guide at multiple dealer tables. I understand the need for a profit but it's funny how the CGC grade does not matter when a dealer is selling it(meaning I hear how the comic was undergraded from the dealer to warrant a bigger price) but it's gospel when a dealer is purchasing it. All I'm asking for is consistency folks and to respect people on this board.

Who gives a flying frig what the seller's asking price is? Every single person on this board is free to price their items at whatever level they see fit, just as everyone else is free to:

a) buy the item

b) ask for a discount & then buy the item

c) not buy the item

Now ... do tell ... what does your whining about evil dealers trying to turn a profit have do to with this thread & the fact that seller was breaking the forum's seller guidelines?

I always took the "exclusive offer" to mean that as long as it was being discounted exclusively on the boards you could leave the books up on your website.

But now that I think about it, listing a book on CLINK, etc and then offering 10% off here isn't a discount. I would push for something more along the lines of at least 25% off for exclusivity (making it a true discount).

And I would obviously have no problem with Bunky listing 50% off in this forum.

You are selling to and buying from the wrong dealers :baiting:

BTW, the same seller you are defending offered an Iron Man #54 CGC 9.8 for 2200.00. Guide is 50.00. You do the math....

Edited by Dale Roberts

Some of you people need to learn some manners and relax.

This, coming from the guy who told me my price on a Marvel Mystery 44 was "assinine" and "laughable". Good luck with your manners (thumbs u

i did that on a PM not the message board.

This failure of consistency sends Baby Jesus' Logic Sensor into catastrophic overload*

sad-baby.jpg

*and also makes him cry.

I think bunky and all dealers should have a standard 50% off of their web site or eBay listing for boardies with 1000 post or more and add 1% more discount for each each additional 1000 post up to a maximum of shipping and insurance costs only for their best comics. :cloud9:

bunkys just alrightttttttttttt

I love the CGC boards. People are awesome. :applause:

:censored: off.

Is that considered contributing in a positive manner?

If so, :censored: off and yo' mama can :censored: off too. 2c

Now you're getting the hang of it you douchenozzle!

Gawd I hope not. :wishluck: