• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

How is this thread not against the forum rules?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6950538#Post6950538

No grades and no scans of the books people are going to receive :shrug:

Every preshow/presale thread is against the rules imo.

Not really - I think this is the first presale thread I've seen where no guarantees are made as to the condition of the books you're receiving.

How is this thread not against the forum rules?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6950538#Post6950538

No grades and no scans of the books people are going to receive :shrug:

Every preshow/presale thread is against the rules imo.

Not really - I think this is the first presale thread I've seen where no guarantees are made as to the condition of the books you're receiving.

Yeah that was of concern... there was the whole "people who've used me before know what they are getting" bravado (I dont know if its earned or not), but its ripe for letdown/abuse. Sure menace has a good long track record. but could a newbie run the same sale? Maybe he doesnt get any takers, but maybe he does....

Here's a tip, just based on my own habits as a viewer/reader in the marketplace forum.

If you say you dropped prices, but only went back and updated the original posts, for some reason I'm never super interested in wading thru the original thread (especially when its a decently long thread, or one with a good amount of chatter/popcorn)

If you drop prices, note the new prices in your update post.

What if you say 10% off or 15% off?

Is it that hard to do the math?

no.

I can do math.

It's not about the math, its about my own observed behavior of not automatically going back thru a thread when someone notes discounts w/o listing a summary of remaining books or something to that effect.

What if you say 10% off or 15% off?

Is it that hard to do the math?

no.

I can do math.

It's not about the math, its about my own observed behavior of not automatically going back thru a thread when someone notes discounts w/o listing a summary of remaining books or something to that effect.

I understand. I always provide a summary to make it easy to see what is left. I didn't list the prices again though and I can see that being helpful.