• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

seller lacked the communication, seller impatiently kept on sending invoice within a 2 hr span, sellers auction description did not state his terms and other issues.

Just because another buyer failed to pay, doesn't mean the next person won't.

Guess I will wait and see how the packing is and if he fails to properly package it, he will deserve a negative feedback. 3 strike rule.

Edited by PhoKing

seller lacked the communication, seller impatiently kept on sending invoice within a 2 hr span, sellers auction description did not state his terms and other issues.

Guess I will wait and see how the packing is and if he fails to properly package it, he will deserve a negative feedback. 3 strike rule.

Sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to neg him.

Sounds like you're just looking for an excuse to neg him.

It's called standards.

I messaged him and asked him why he didn't messaged me before filing a dispute but he replied with smart remarks. Then accused me of not paying because others before me didn't pay. So does he deserve a negative? I think so. Even the DSR has questions regarding the sale and so far it's pretty poor.

Maybe I just got a little emotional but once the books comes, my attitude will change. More than likely I give him a nuetral and lower the DSR.

Edited by PhoKing

[

Maybe I just got a little emotional but once the books comes, my attitude will change. More than likely I give him a nuetral and lower the DSR.

Can we go back to my first question, what is your ebay id?

Seriously.

I had a Boardie send me a demand to be paid within 24 hours of an Ebay auction. I thought it was rude and stupid. His explanation was even ruder and stupider. Not a big deal, but some buyers will decide never to do business with folks that engage in those types of tactics. I don't see how the possible benefit outweighs the possible detriment.

Anybody here know if this eBay seller is on here?

username is Hobbiesrus

I won an auction this last Friday at 8pm. Seller sends 4 to 5 invoices within less than 2 hrs of auction ending. Was busy all weekend, people have lives to live and people to see.

Today seller files a dispute stating no pay. Auction didn't state when payment needs to be made. I usually pay within 3 business days and so far, I see it as 2 business days has barely pass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-Uncanny-XMen-Superhero-comic-book-lot-collection-100-VF-143-300-/201126474062?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Kxgb9ah3XEzD9h%252Fl47hTsxWgRYY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_155wt_1047

So far with the seller sending numerous invoices just annoyed me and now filed a dispute because I didn't pay? So far, I'm leaning towards a negative feedback.

So my question is: What is the rule of thumb to pay for an auction when or if it ends on a weekend? Mine is 3 business days max.

Top bidder on this auction has 31 FB and 9 bid retractions in 6 months…..

change your mind much?

why does that matter?

Because they want to block you.

Just sounds like a lot of possible hassle to deal with you. Honestly, I don't send invoices at all. It's the buyer's responsibility to pay. I just open an NPB after the allotted time. Easy peasy. Buyer can pay or not pay. Not a huge deal either way. But I wouldn't be upset if I got an invoice, either. It's no big deal.

I don't mind seller sending an invoice. But numerous invoices within a span of 2hrs? Yeah that's called demanding and spamming. I pay within a reasonable time. If seller requires immediate payment then I either message them and let them know if I can't pay and work it out with the seller.

Seems like people not reading and comprehending. Seller never stated payment terms and no communication and I get a dispute. I've bought books on here and I've always pay on time. If I had any issues I would communicate with the seller.

So with all the issues that came up and I'm not allowed to leave a negative? What's the point of having a feedback system. So I should just sit back and let sellers do whatever they want? If you put payment terms and I didn't follow them then yes it wash fault but he didn't put payment terms. We put terms here in the sales guide lines.

why does that matter?

Because they want to block you.

Just sounds like a lot of possible hassle to deal with you. Honestly, I don't send invoices at all. It's the buyer's responsibility to pay. I just open an NPB after the allotted time. Easy peasy. Buyer can pay or not pay. Not a huge deal either way. But I wouldn't be upset if I got an invoice, either. It's no big deal.

I send them because eBay's are confusing and sometimes the bidders pay too fast and don't take advantage of my combined shipping. I do refund the difference, but I figure it doesn't hurt to explain.

Besides, I want to encourage them to take advantage of combined shipping;)

Leaving a neg or a neutral when someone merely asks you to pay really is not very nice.

So with all the issues that came up and I'm not allowed to leave a negative? What's the point of having a feedback system. So I should just sit back and let sellers do whatever they want? If you put payment terms and I didn't follow them then yes it wash fault but he didn't put payment terms. We put terms here in the sales guide lines.

Are the issues that came up are about your feelings and not about the seller doing anything wrong.

Maybe he invoiced you a few times and made a mistake each time. That could potentially happen.

. Seller never stated payment terms and no communication and I get a dispute.

its ebay. So payment is assumed and a dispute couldn't have been opened if you had already paid.

You sent a message saying "why did you open a case" before paying and he was rude to you. Because most people that bid and do not pay actually do that to try to convince the seller to close the case and cancel the transaction - its a bate and switch.

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

I don't mind seller sending an invoice. But numerous invoices within a span of 2hrs? Yeah that's called demanding and spamming. I pay within a reasonable time. If seller requires immediate payment then I either message them and let them know if I can't pay and work it out with the seller.

Seems like people not reading and comprehending. Seller never stated payment terms and no communication and I get a dispute. I've bought books on here and I've always pay on time. If I had any issues I would communicate with the seller.

I don't understand. Why would you bid on something on eBay if you can't pay and have to work something out?

What I meant is if the seller required payment within 1 day and I can't make it because if the weekend or whatever. I usually put in a highest amount I would pay for the book in which this set I was willing to pay $200.

Or whenever sellers have multiple items for sale but has different end dates. I ask to make sure they know I will pay and ask for combined shipping or wait until I win other auction.

Edited by PhoKing