• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Sorry, I posted that and left without seeing your response, I just got back here and saw you answered.

I was going to post the other day that I noticed you had mellowed or were trying to mellow since your strike...and that it was nice.

Then I read your response. I'm sorry that you are still hurt, but again, these kind of actions (and not just by you) by anyone who got a strike remind me of little kids. Siblings saying "He did it too, why did I get punished? Why aren't you making him feel bad?"

Usually the answer is "I didn't see him do it" or...it was different. Or the pot was boiling over on the stove, your brother/sister fell off the fireplace and was bleeding and I just damn well missed it while trying to fix stuff and juggling.

I know as a manager with a lot of staff...I felt that way a lot. I was always juggling and no one is perfect...even with 8 supervisors working for me, we missed stuff. Either someone was threatening to blow up the office or someone's family had a tragedy while someone else slipped on the floor...stuff happens and when it does, it all seems to happen at the same time. The boards are not run by robots. We are not robots. I have a feeling stuff is working out here the same way.

I think here, with some of the big dealer's not getting treated the same way, the answer is...well...mommy (the CGC) really is a business sweetie and your brother/sister brings in a lot of money, so I squinted a bit when he did that. We try, but we need to run the business.

In any case...I asked you if you contacted Andy...because that would have been the nice thing to do...and you were one of the people pushing nice at one time.

I hope more of us remember that it will be more fun here, if we don't sweat every miniscule detail for the next 98 weeks and if we stop ..as my mom would have said "looking for trouble"..

Sorry, I posted that and left without seeing your response, I just got back here and saw you answered.

I was going to post the other day that I noticed you had mellowed or were trying to mellow since your strike...and that it was nice.

Then I read your response. I'm sorry that you are still hurt, but again, these kind of actions (and not just by you) by anyone who got a strike remind me of little kids. Siblings saying "He did it too, why did I get punished? Why aren't you making him feel bad?"

Usually the answer is "I didn't see him do it" or...it was different. Or the pot was boiling over on the stove, your brother/sister fell off the fireplace and was bleeding and I just damn well missed it while trying to fix stuff and juggling.

I know as a manager with a lot of staff...I felt that way a lot. I was always juggling and no one is perfect...even with 8 supervisors working for me, we missed stuff. Either someone was threatening to blow up the office or someone's family had a tragedy while someone else slipped on the floor...stuff happens and when it does, it all seems to happen at the same time. The boards are not run by robots. We are not robots. I have a feeling stuff is working out here the same way.

I think here, with some of the big dealer's not getting treated the same way, the answer is...well...mommy (the CGC) really is a business sweetie and your brother/sister brings in a lot of money, so I squinted a bit when he did that. We try, but we need to run the business.

In any case...I asked you if you contacted Andy...because that would have been the nice thing to do...and you were one of the people pushing nice at one time.

I hope more of us remember that it will be more fun here, if we don't sweat every miniscule detail for the next 98 weeks and if we stop ..as my mom would have said "looking for trouble"..

Sharon I appreciate your response. I have always been mellow even before "my strike" as you and others like to continuously bring up.

It is painfully evident that you have your favorites on this board and really that is ok. You want to be their protector... and exhibit all the qualities of a good mother.

Sharon, you aren't acknowledging that an actual posted sales thread rule was being broken by a seller (and that it was corrected peacefully).

All you have succeeded in doing is stating that the person who pointed out the needed correction, is somehow at "fault" because he feels "hurt".

You do realize that your action resulted in two of my favorite trolls coming out? Drudging up the past thus getting more moderation involved by having to cleanse comments posted by someone else that you, probably as a woman, wouldn't want to read?

I was completely upfront with the "big dealer" in question and all was fine and over... yet here we are... a day later bringing it up again at your behest.

I'm not sure if you read all that went on over the last week here, but a lot of discussion was brought up about proper sales thread rules, board etiquette concerning sales thread rules, how one seller would do it, how another would... it was really a 50/50 split of opinions on who was right and who was wrong. Again.

Yet here we have a posted rule, that again has been in place since 2006, that was not adhered to by a seller. A rule that was peacefully pointed out and corrected to the satisfaction of all parties... yet all you want to center on is that I pointed it out.

If that's how you view posted board rules, then I'm sorry but your bias and favoritism is clouding the bigger picture here.

Honestly Sharon, if you only want sales thread rules (posted or otherwise) to pertain to certain sellers of your choosing, I wish you would turn that list over to Arch so he can post it. Then ALL of us can know who we can and can't tell to follow the actual posted board rules.

I hate to say it Sharon, but the blatant favoritism you displayed yesterday, caused more "butthurt" than anything I did by pointing out a simple sales violation.

That being said, you know I respect you regardless of the company you keep. Just realize I pointed out a sales thread violation and that is all I did. No need to put biblical revenge connotations to a simple rules reminder.

Dear Andy,

Please compile a list of every seller of every book you have ever purchased. You must then write an essay, at least three paragraphs in length, explaining why you should be allowed to resell any of the books you have previously purchased and submit them, at least two weeks in advance, to allow for any necessary revisions.

As to profit, that is strictly forbidden. Breakeven is acceptable but a loss if preferable.

You must understand that aquiring a comic is really a moral obligation of perpetual ownership. It's a fiduciary responsibility which entails complete and utter subservience. Genuflecting should not be optional, your wife and children must understand their social standing in the family hierarchy. Procreation, although probably futile, is expected to be attempted at least biweekly.

Ask not what your comic can do for you, but what you can do to worship and make love to your comic.

Mike

You must understand that aquiring a comic is really a moral obligation of perpetual ownership.

I think this is how I actually collect. doh!

There's nothing wrong with collecting like that.

Many, many people do. Be loud and proud.

But people also need to realize that not everyone collects the same way.

Sharon I appreciate your response. I have always been mellow even before "my strike" as you and others like to continuously bring up.

It is painfully evident that you have your favorites on this board and really that is ok. You want to be their protector... and exhibit all the qualities of a good mother.

Sharon, you aren't acknowledging that an actual posted sales thread rule was being broken by a seller (and that it was corrected peacefully).

All you have succeeded in doing is stating that the person who pointed out the needed correction, is somehow at "fault" because he feels "hurt".

You do realize that your action resulted in two of my favorite trolls coming out? Drudging up the past thus getting more moderation involved by having to cleanse comments posted by someone else that you, probably as a woman, wouldn't want to read?

I was completely upfront with the "big dealer" in question and all was fine and over... yet here we are... a day later bringing it up again at your behest.

I'm not sure if you read all that went on over the last week here, but a lot of discussion was brought up about proper sales thread rules, board etiquette concerning sales thread rules, how one seller would do it, how another would... it was really a 50/50 split of opinions on who was right and who was wrong. Again.

Yet here we have a posted rule, that again has been in place since 2006, that was not adhered to by a seller. A rule that was peacefully pointed out and corrected to the satisfaction of all parties... yet all you want to center on is that I pointed it out.

If that's how you view posted board rules, then I'm sorry but your bias and favoritism is clouding the bigger picture here.

Honestly Sharon, if you only want sales thread rules (posted or otherwise) to pertain to certain sellers of your choosing, I wish you would turn that list over to Arch so he can post it. Then ALL of us can know who we can and can't tell to follow the actual posted board rules.

I hate to say it Sharon, but the blatant favoritism you displayed yesterday, caused more "butthurt" than anything I did by pointing out a simple sales violation.

That being said, you know I respect you regardless of the company you keep. Just realize I pointed out a sales thread violation and that is all I did. No need to put biblical revenge connotations to a simple rules reminder.

Actually I started off trying to say something nice to you. I really felt you had been trying. I have no list of favorites on this board. I actually really like most of the people here. There are many people I just don't know and one person I know I won't ever get along with and it isn't you.

No, I didn't see trolls nor did I see what happened last week. I've been out of town a lot and haven't had much time here.

I think you are over-reacting...but I do regret posting what I did. I should have just done what I was trying to suggest you do. Just walk away.

BTW, it's hard not to think like a mom when you are one. I don't think too many others on this thread can claim that;)

So I apologize for my post. It was a long day and I should have erased it before I hit send. I did think about it, but I got distracted, and for that...I'm going to put myself in a corner.

I'll just smack myself and skip reading/posting for a day or so. That's getting easier to do lately..

Actually I started off trying to say something nice to you. I really felt you had been trying. I have no list of favorites on this board. I actually really like most of the people here. There are many people I just don't know and one person I know I won't ever get along with and it isn't you.

No, I didn't see trolls nor did I see what happened last week. I've been out of town a lot and haven't had much time here.

I think you are over-reacting...but I do regret posting what I did. I should have just done what I was trying to suggest you do. Just walk away.

BTW, it's hard not to think like a mom when you are one. I don't think too many others on this thread can claim that;)

So I apologize for my post. It was a long day and I should have erased it before I hit send. I did think about it, but I got distracted, and for that...I'm going to put myself in a corner.

I'll just smack myself and skip reading/posting for a day or so. That's getting easier to do lately..

No worries Sharon :foryou:

I hope you read MORE. That way you will know exactly what's happening around here... and what's been happening for quite some time now.

Have a good night.

xxx ooo

Rupp

2. First unconditional claim posted in the sales thread wins the book. A post in the thread takes precedence over any PM sale that might be agreed to but not yet posted to the sales thread.

hm Where's RMA? I hope he's ready for another marathon posting sesh...

What they hey hey? Why is everyone asking over GPA for raw copies of books I want need?

supply

when a book gets hot what usually seems to happen is

1. People pull their mid-high grade slabs from the market (ebay, websites, even physical stores) to see how high it will go so they can get top dollar.

2. People start going through their long boxes of dreck to see if they have it, and if they do they "cash out" selling at above market prices as they "ride the wave" of the books inflation.

3. Some of those people send decent/higher grade raws off to CGC so theres a month or two lull as new inventory (that intends to sell) gets slabbed.

4. As those raw issues return to the owners they usually put them on the market, and we start to see supply creep up to meet the demand.

5. At that point those original holders back at #1 decide that if the market has topped off, and worry about the influx of availability and they decide to sell their copies too (unless they think its gonna keep rising, at which point they continue to hold)

this seemed to happen with IM55 and many other "movie" related books...

What they hey hey? Why is everyone asking over GPA for raw copies of books I want need?

supply

when a book gets hot what usually seems to happen is

1. People pull their mid-high grade slabs from the market (ebay, websites, even physical stores) to see how high it will go so they can get top dollar.

2. People start going through their long boxes of dreck to see if they have it, and if they do they "cash out" selling at above market prices as they "ride the wave" of the books inflation.

3. Some of those people send decent/higher grade raws off to CGC so theres a month or two lull as new inventory (that intends to sell) gets slabbed.

4. As those raw issues return to the owners they usually put them on the market, and we start to see supply creep up to meet the demand.

5. At that point those original holders back at #1 decide that if the market has topped off, and worry about the influx of availability and they decide to sell their copies too (unless they think its gonna keep rising, at which point they continue to hold)

this seemed to happen with IM55 and many other "movie" related books...

A fine summary.

The moment there is a sniff of a movie connection --- speculators go crazy and everyone becomes a speculator. :sumo:

As the entire Marvel Universe will soon be on film -- every Marvel comic book will be a key -- which entitles every book to be very expensive regardless of intrinsic merit. :sumo::sumo:

And three sumos just because ... :sumo::sumo::sumo:

Nikelspot has a nice charity thread going for micro preemies (his son was one) ...just thought I'd post something positive in here.

Sooo.,...You positively should take a look, it's a registered charity and a worthy cause:)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=7961894&Searchpage=1&Main=351293&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post7961894