• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

This is the way it happened.

Buyer: Hi would you take this much?

Seller: Sure but only if not via Paypal

Buyer: OK

Someone hit the BIN in the thread.

This is really all it comes down to. The timestamp of the "OK."

We just learned in the thread in CG that when a PM post is edited the time stamp is unchanged.

PM time stamps cannot be trusted.

:(

That's not what POV proved. What he showed is that PMs can be edited without showing any indication that they have been edited. In this particular instance, the most I could do is change a timestamped PM to read something different. It could potentially go from "Let me think about it" to "Sure. Done deal!"

The time of the PM doesn't change. Here, while I suppose that could happen, I would have no reason to do so considering that I thought the book was mine.

Hey hey... I wasn't suggesting anything went down that wasn't kosher with your PMs.

I was just responding to a suggested rule change that somehow timestamps would save the day.

Since the time stamp on PMs is broken it wouldn't solve everything.

[

Hey hey... I wasn't suggesting anything went down that wasn't kosher with your PMs.

I was just responding to a suggested rule change that somehow timestamps would save the day.

Since the time stamp on PMs is broken it wouldn't solve everything.

I understand. I didn't read your post to be that anything was implied. However, I was correcting your point that you make again here. The timestamp of the PM is unaffected. The content change change. Even if you PM and then edit 10 days later, the timestamp still shows as the time of the first PM.

That's not what POV proved. What he showed is that PMs can be edited without showing any indication that they have been edited. In this particular instance, the most I could do is change a timestamped PM to read something different. It could potentially go from "Let me think about it" to "Sure. Done deal!"

The time of the PM doesn't change. Here, while I suppose that could happen, I would have no reason to do so considering that I thought the book was mine.

Actually I demonstrated that editing the PM changes the content, does not change the Time Stamp and show no indication of having been edited. I did bring those up in my original post:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=350559&Number=7935588#Post7935588

And this was not meant to accuse anyone of anything. But too many people seemed secure in the time stamp as a form of inviolate truth. It is not inviolate.

Did you just say what I said?

I clarified a reply you made. Aces said "We just learned in the thread in CG that when a PM post is edited the time stamp is unchanged.

PM time stamps cannot be trusted."

You replied: That's not what POV proved. What he showed is that PMs can be edited without showing any indication that they have been edited. In this particular instance, the most I could do is change a timestamped PM to read something different. It could potentially go from "Let me think about it" to "Sure. Done deal!"

Your saying that is not what I proved prompted me to simply elucidate all three concepts I proved, whioch was my original intent of the post. blah blah blah etc etc etc.

All of this proving why it pays to retain the emails you get when a PM is received and to "quote" the PMs of certain people you deal with when responding to them.

Too true. Never was too worried about it before. Now I have set up a special gmail account to have all PM messages auto forwarded to. Now I can search them as well. And it won't clutter my normal inbox.

Too true. Never was too worried about it before. Now I have set up a special gmail account to have all PM messages auto forwarded to. Now I can search them as well. And it won't clutter my normal inbox.

I'm bored.

Your new Gmail account is about to be bombarded with dong pics.

I'm bored.

Can you forward them to me as well as I need some variety.

xoxo

greggy

This is the way it happened.

Buyer: Hi would you take this much?

Seller: Sure but only if not via Paypal

Buyer: OK

Someone hit the BIN in the thread.

This is really all it comes down to. The timestamp of the "OK."

We just learned in the thread in CG that when a PM post is edited the time stamp is unchanged.

PM time stamps cannot be trusted.

:(

gameday_zps26aa8789.gif

It was better in the probation thread.

He posted it in a lot of places… :facepalm:

And will continue to do so. :sumo:

I'm bored.

Can you forward them to me as well as I need some variety.

xoxo

greggy

lol

I'm bored.

I suppose it would've helped to have read this port before the three dongs you sent.

Does anyone else share this sentiment that there's nothing wrong with the degree of threadcrapping going on in ham's sales thread?

I've always been of the mindset that you take your comments elsewhere, PM, discussion thread...etc, but not IN the sales thread...

previous owner has sour grapes that a book is being resold at a price greater than he sold it originally.

Does anyone else share this sentiment that there's nothing wrong with the degree of threadcrapping going on in ham's sales thread?

I've always been of the mindset that you take your comments elsewhere, PM, discussion thread...etc, but not IN the sales thread...

previous owner has sour grapes that a book is being resold at a price greater than he sold it originally.

Too much.

Guy sold the book for GPA and came into Andys thread looking for his missing $1500. Unacceptable - but Andy's not complaining and his opinion is the one that counts.

Whoa! That's about as bad as it gets.

Whoa! That's about as bad as it gets.

+1 not cool.

I had a question related to ebay selling and couldn't figure out the best forum for it (if there is one at all). Just let me know the best spot for it if this isn't it.

Any clue why some people use a reserve in their auctions? Why not just make that the minimum bid? Just seems like sellers are playing games and certainly makes me much less inclined to bid in that auction.