• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So instead of accepting he made a mistake (I don't have a clue if he did or not) and selling it to him for the $400 you are going to possibly start the auction over at $300 or invalidate the auction? I get the vibe you two may have past issues so maybe it is better to start it over but it sounds like a lot of hassle for $25. Rules are rules and maybe I'm more forgiving than I should be but I'd just accept the justification for the error and move on.

I really value a clean auction. When I sold on eBay I would delete suspect bidders. I would much rather the reputation for being a stickler for the rules than possibly shady auctions. I prefer auctions over BIN's. Always have.

I have no prior issues with Joey and he has purchased from me many times. I am sacrificing that in hopes of a clean auction. I am hoping to have an auction once a week going forward. He thought he was bidding on Preacher so I don't understand where the problem is.

I do not believe in forcing someone to buy.

Fair enough. Hopefully things will go smoother next time.

So instead of accepting he made a mistake (I don't have a clue if he did or not) and selling it to him for the $400 you are going to possibly start the auction over at $300 or invalidate the auction? I get the vibe you two may have past issues so maybe it is better to start it over but it sounds like a lot of hassle for $25. Rules are rules and maybe I'm more forgiving than I should be but I'd just accept the justification for the error and move on.

I really value a clean auction. When I sold on eBay I would delete suspect bidders. I would much rather the reputation for being a stickler for the rules than possibly shady auctions. I prefer auctions over BIN's. Always have.

I have no prior issues with Joey and he has purchased from me many times. I am sacrificing that in hopes of a clean auction. I am hoping to have an auction once a week going forward. He thought he was bidding on Preacher so I don't understand where the problem is.

I do not believe in forcing someone to buy.

Fair enough. Hopefully things will go smoother next time.

I suspect after this that the next one will go much smoother. I'll get one bid for $1 on a $500 book. If the buyer isn't happy with that then I give up. lol

Personally, if I made a mistake that was 6.25% of my bid I would suck it up and pay for the mistake I myself made. If the mistake was 62.5% I would probably beg forgiveness. The size of the error and the culpability for that error are two very key elements on to whom the expectation of magnanimous behavior rests.

Putting it all on Jeff when it wasn't his error and the amount is a small amount of the overall bid seems misplaced.

Also of note is the questionable nature of the use of "mistake" in this instance. It's one thing if the mistake were made by a buyer, no matter how small, and the buyer refused to honor or seller refused to let it go.

However, when a "mistake" looks more like a "gosh, I really shouldn't have bid $425 when I could probably have taken this down for $400, so let me edit my post" rather than "did my phone just really post $425 when I typed $ 4 0 0", then the douchbag potential buyer should be called out on it.

Here's a question.

On every other auction site the winning bid is "2nd highest bidder + bid increment" - obviously that doesn't work since highest bids are transparent & no one is going to bother bidding $10 less than the highest bid already posted.

Is there a name for this type of auction to differentiate it from every other auction where OUR finalization is based on highest bid not second highest plus?

:popcorn:

Also...is there any concern that this type of listing skirts the boundaries of rule #4 & might allow anyone (ie- shill/crook) to sell any pre-sale book listed on any site simply by posting a link to any non-live future auction?

:shy:

#team20Ktoday :devil:

Edited by bababooey

Personally, if I made a mistake that was 6.25% of my bid I would suck it up and pay for the mistake I myself made. If the mistake was 62.5% I would probably beg forgiveness. The size of the error and the culpability for that error are two very key elements on to whom the expectation of magnanimous behavior rests.

Putting it all on Jeff when it wasn't his error and the amount is a small amount of the overall bid seems misplaced.

It was fixed within 60 seconds and 1 1/2 hours before the end of the auction.

Obviously another good friend of Jeff. Thanks for your post!

It is board exclusive. It is not for sale anywhere else. I don't see any violation of rule #4. The possibility of it being auctioned if it does not sell is irrelevant. I actually requested that MCS allow for private sales on their site in the form of a password but this works for now.

Bidders were free to bid any amount so long as it was one increment greater than the previous bid. The amount bid is the amount paid.

Must be it! It's a conspiracy! lol

I have had three occasions when I told Joey Gunz not to buy from me. Each occasion he sent me a low ball offer in PM, and I actually accepted two of them.

Both times he decided not to go through with the sales because I was mean to him.

The guy is a space case.

Man, you'll do anything to not stand behind your own actions.

Almost everyone here knows that Jeff is a knob of biblical proportions. It doesn't make him any less or more right in this situation.

I just sold a $500 piece of art to a guy in Spain. I mistakenly wrote $150 for Fed Ex Shipping in my email negotiating with the guy instead of the $250 it actually cost. He responded accepting the deal before I could change it. I honored my quote because they were my own words and my own mistake.

That's what adults do. Own up.

I also don't trust anyone who's sales threads are all books he has just purchased on the boards and it waiting for delivery on. Which is pretty much every one of his stupid sale threads.

That also get closed in an angry huff within 4 hours of posting if people don't buy them instantly.

I also don't trust anyone who's sales threads are all books he has just purchased on the boards and it waiting for delivery on. Which is pretty much every one of his stupid sale threads.

That also get closed in an angry huff within 4 hours of posting if people don't buy them instantly.

You are actually wrong. They are (still) on their way from CGC

You do realize that when you put a :takeit: in someones sales thread and than four days later make your own sales thread with the same book's for sale that you just purchased, its not hard to figure out whats going on behind the scenes.

Who? Jimmy?

I was only commenting on the "rage closures" I've seen many of your sales threads go through after only being posted a few hours.

You do realize that when you put a :takeit: in someones sales thread and than four days later make your own sales thread with the same book's for sale that you just purchased, its not hard to figure out whats going on behind the scenes.

Yeah, and all the books I sell on eBay are from here! lol. WHAT AN insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

I guess I should be thanking the boards for ALL of my sales