• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Auction-style sales threads built on a system not set up for auctions are likely to result in problems like we're seeing here.

I don't know how likely it is. I believe this is the 1st issue I have had. It was a result of not reading the thread and not that it was an auction.

Shill, delete, edit

Definitions are so last year. lol

Please respond in the general thread and let other open sales thread take over.

Thanks!

Here is fine. You are a good talker Jeff, but shill, Edit, and delete do not all mean the same thing. There was nothing devious going on. Sorry to disappoint you, but you will just have to not go through with selling it to me because you would rather not.

:facepalm:

You failed to read the thread and follow the rules but want to assign me the blame for your actions? Really?

Now you want a discussion in a sales thread because you are you.

It's so much easier to work on reading comprehension. Not sure what you're hoping to achieve.

Shill, delete, edit

Thanks!

Here is fine. You are a good talker Jeff, but shill, Edit, and delete do not all mean the same thing. There was nothing devious going on. Sorry to disappoint you, but you will just have to not go through with selling it to me because you would rather not.

You failed to read the thread and follow the rules but want to assign me the blame for your actions? Really?

It's so much easier to work on reading comprehension. Not sure what you're hoping to achieve.

lol. Just trying to help you get your post count up Jeff!

But to follow your logic Jeff, if someone had posted $4000 because they accidentally added an extra zero, deleted it immediately and reposted $400, you would have expected them to pay $4000 for the book? Right??

But to follow your logic Jeff, if someone had posted $4000 because they accidentally added an extra zero, deleted it immediately and reposted $400, you would have expected them to pay $4000 for the book? Right??

Just make it $4 million. That will drive the point home with emphasis.

Shill, delete, edit

Thanks!

bc2qw.jpg

Shill, delete, edit

Thanks!

bc2qw.jpg

lol

Now I'm going to want to watch it!

Shill, delete, edit

Thanks!

bc2qw.jpg

lol

Now I'm going to want to watch it!

It needs updating for the times we live in....

bc2y5.jpg

So instead of accepting he made a mistake (I don't have a clue if he did or not) and selling it to him for the $400 you are going to possibly start the auction over at $300 or invalidate the auction? I get the vibe you two may have past issues so maybe it is better to start it over but it sounds like a lot of hassle for $25. Rules are rules and maybe I'm more forgiving than I should be but I'd just accept the justification for the error and move on.

Just make it $4 million. That will drive the point home with emphasis.

I was just outbid at the last minute! For $4 MILLION DOLLARS!!

^^^^ chicken dinner!!

Jeff, send him his invoice! Don't forget any zeros!!

So instead of accepting he made a mistake (I don't have a clue if he did or not) and selling it to him for the $400 you are going to possibly start the auction over at $300 or invalidate the auction? I get the vibe you two may have past issues so maybe it is better to start it over but it sounds like a lot of hassle for $25. Rules are rules and maybe I'm more forgiving than I should be but I'd just accept the justification for the error and move on.

I really value a clean auction. When I sold on eBay I would delete suspect bidders. I would much rather the reputation for being a stickler for the rules than possibly shady auctions. I prefer auctions over BIN's. Always have.

I have no prior issues with Joey and he has purchased from me many times. I am sacrificing that in hopes of a clean auction. I am hoping to have an auction once a week going forward. He thought he was bidding on Preacher so I don't understand where the problem is.

I do not believe in forcing someone to buy.

Personally, if I made a mistake that was 6.25% of my bid I would suck it up and pay for the mistake I myself made. If the mistake was 62.5% I would probably beg forgiveness. The size of the error and the culpability for that error are two very key elements on to whom the expectation of magnanimous behavior rests.

Putting it all on Jeff when it wasn't his error and the amount is a small amount of the overall bid seems misplaced.