• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Does anyone else share this sentiment that there's nothing wrong with the degree of threadcrapping going on in ham's sales thread?

I've always been of the mindset that you take your comments elsewhere, PM, discussion thread...etc, but not IN the sales thread...

previous owner has sour grapes that a book is being resold at a price greater than he sold it originally.

Whoa! That's about as bad as it gets.

+1 not cool.

1000% inappropriate, particularly because ThirdH PAID HIS FULL ASK!! It's not like he haggled him down to that price and now he's irritated his arm got twisted, that's what he asked for????!??!?!?

(Did he even sell it for the $3,000 sought?)

I see the OP realized the error of his ways. What goes around comes around. Maybe he'll be making a huge profit on something he bought here 6 months earlier one of these days? It happens to all of us who regularly sell here. Do you think I was thrilled when I sold 10 copies of Saga 1 for $30 a pop and the guy who bought them was selling them (successfully) for $80+ a pop 2-3 weeks later? I was only irritated with myself for not timing it right, not the seller. I don't think he even haggled with me either.

People should be more upset that it's a Mixed Age thread with Moderns listed for sale that hasn't been appropriately moved by moderation to the Mixed section.

Ah, I'm very sorry about that, Rupp, I honestly didn't consider them when I posted my list. I've now edited them out of the sale. My apologies. :foryou:

Does anyone else share this sentiment that there's nothing wrong with the degree of threadcrapping going on in ham's sales thread?

I've always been of the mindset that you take your comments elsewhere, PM, discussion thread...etc, but not IN the sales thread...

previous owner has sour grapes that a book is being resold at a price greater than he sold it originally.

+1 not cool.

1000% inappropriate, particularly because ThirdH PAID HIS FULL ASK!! It's not like he haggled him down to that price and now he's irritated his arm got twisted, that's what he asked for????!??!?!?

I see the OP realized the error of his ways. What goes around comes around. Maybe he'll be making a huge profit on something he bought here 6 months earlier one of these days? It happens to all of us who regularly sell here. Do you think I was thrilled when I sold 10 copies of Saga 1 for $30 a pop and the guy who bought them was selling them (successfully) for $80+ a pop 2-3 weeks later? I was only irritated with myself for not timing it right, not the seller. I don't think he even haggled with me either.

People should be more upset that it's a Mixed Age thread with Moderns listed for sale that hasn't been appropriately moved by moderation to the Mixed section.

Ah, I'm very sorry about that, Rupp, I honestly didn't consider them when I posted my list. I've now edited them out of the sale. My apologies. :foryou:

It was a tragedy. lol

+1 not cool.

It was a tragedy. lol

I just checked and can see that the "Notify" button was hit on my post with the list of books for sale.

It's hard for me to figure out who would be upset enough to notify the moderators to move the thread. I only wish that they had PM'd me first, I would have been happy to make those adjustments.

Ebay thread was getting a lot hotter now that Jimmy's prior 9-11 comments are being brought up. Now it appears to be a lock.

second one today? or did I miss something else?

+1 not cool.

doesn't majority rule come into play? If it's 10 out of 200, I don't agree.

+1 not cool.

I know you didn't mean anything Andy. :foryou:

When one sees the majority of posts in General & PB bickering back and forth about boardies and their adherence to "board etiquette" and to a non-existing set of sales guidelines based on individual opinion and perception (which usually changes on a daily basis)... it should be a given that what few actual, posted rules moderation has given us should be adhered to.

That being said, I hit the notify button for no other reason than that. Its not fair to others who have had their threads moved. I appreciate you modifying your thread to adhere to that and it keeping your thread in it's appropriate sales area.

I would hope that you pmed him before contacting the moderators to give him a chance to fix it?

I find that usually helps.

I'm sorry Sharon. I did not. I figured since the same rules have been in place since 2006 at this link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

...that everyone should know them.

It's not a big deal and it has been addressed openly, so you really need not worry about it. (shrug)

I would hope that you pmed him before contacting the moderators to give him a chance to fix it?

I find that usually helps.

I'm sorry Sharon. I did not. I figured since the same rules have been in place since 2006 at this link...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

...that everyone should know them.

It's not a big deal and it has been addressed openly, so you really need not worry about it. (shrug)

It's all cool. (thumbs u

+1 not cool.

It was a tragedy. lol

I just checked and can see that the "Notify" button was hit on my post with the list of books for sale.

It's hard for me to figure out who would be upset enough to notify the moderators to move the thread. I only wish that they had PM'd me first, I would have been happy to make those adjustments.

I actually hit the notify button because I'm upset that someone else bought some of those books before I cold. Sorry. :D