• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Anyone know how to get in touch with this "new" board member? He committed to buying a couple graded books from me, and has not communicated back to me since 12/30 via my pm's....this started December 16th....

Mephisto25....

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by rube11

I really wish we could put boardies, who habitually overgrade raw books on Ebay, on the probation list or HOS.

I would think that if you were a CGC SS facilitator, and you lost someone's key golden age book, you would be on the probation list until you replaced it.

giphy-111.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8295774#Post8295774

I really wish we could put boardies, who habitually overgrade raw books on Ebay, on the probation list or HOS.

I would think that if you were a CGC SS facilitator, and you lost someone's key golden age book, you would be on the probation list until you replaced it.

giphy-111.gif

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8295774#Post8295774

DWC losing someone's book wasn't what I was referring to.

:shy:

Speaking of Cal - I would like to bring up a point he made a couple days ago. He really was against Claudio's auction in that he planned to give his book to the person who had the best story and not necessarily the highest bidder. I realize this is not against the rules and it sounds like a bunch of people enjoyed the format but does it open up a can of worms in terms of people not having to give the book to the highest bidder in auctions? I know Claudio has good intentions and as always his heart in a good place but does his modification to his auction leave a huge loop hole in the auction format? Can people now place a reserve on a book and not sell the book if it does not hit that reserve as long as they say its a reserve auction?

The seller can stipulate whatever rules he wants in his own sales thread - it's up to you to decide whether you want the book bad enough to abide by those rules :shrug:

I agree with this, although if you really want to tighten things up then vaillant can just set a high BIN price and treat the thread as a 'Make An Offer' thread rather than calling it an auction and then sell to whomever he pleases without someone getting caught up on the word 'auction' and them assuming it means only dollar value.

That thread just bit the dust. Although I feel Valiants auction was well intentioned there were probably too many variables IMO. If you want to sell someone a book at a dream price just contact that person directly. No reason to give others false hope.

Exactly. I don't like the scratch off method, I never win those things anyways. Just sell the book out right. Or have an auction for it. (shrug) idk

That thread just bit the dust. Although I feel Valiants auction was well intentioned there were probably too many variables IMO. If you want to sell someone a book at a dream price just contact that person directly. No reason to give others false hope.

Do you actually believe he was trying to give a bud a deal while snubbing everyone else when he could have done it in private?

I don't. I think his intentions were genuine but people will always disagree and look for the worst.

Last year I started an innocent thread in General asking people's opinions on the best way to run a long, discounted selling thread to prevent flippers from snatching up all the good books. I was genuinely looking for fresh ideas to make sure it was done right.

The thread was yanked by mods ( :screwy: ) because someone thought I was running a spam thread in Comics General. As if someone needs to spam the forums to make a discounted sales thread successful. As if the vultures don't smell them from a mile away. lol

No, this place needs to lighten up a little sometimes.

If someone like vaillant wants to put a book up for sale and then refuse all offers and give it to Johnny Homeless, that's their perogative, but if they're a quality poster that gives more to this place than just money and the refresh button then it's also their right, IMO.

I agree. If 9 out of 10 boardies ran a thread like that, I would think it was a little on the shady side. That is not the case when I think of Claudio. He is just a genuinely nice guy, infuriatingly so at times actually. lol

Do you actually believe he was trying to give a bud a deal while snubbing everyone else when he could have done it in private?

I don't. I think his intentions were genuine but people will always disagree and look for the worst.

Last year I started an innocent thread in General asking people's opinions on the best way to run a long, discounted selling thread to prevent flippers from snatching up all the good books. I was genuinely looking for fresh ideas to make sure it was done right.

The thread was yanked by mods ( :screwy: ) because someone thought I was running a spam thread in Comics General. As if someone needs to spam the forums to make a discounted sales thread successful. As if the vultures don't smell them from a mile away. lol

No, this place needs to lighten up a little sometimes.

If someone like vaillant wants to put a book up for sale and then refuse all offers and give it to Johnny Homeless, that's their perogative, but if they're a quality poster that gives more to this place than just money and the refresh button then it's also their right, IMO.

Don't invite ppls to your wedding party or basketball

I agree. If 9 out of 10 boardies ran a thread like that, I would think it was a little on the shady side. That is not the case when I think of Claudio. He is just a genuinely nice guy, infuriatingly so at times actually. lol

People will argue to buy the book and not the label but then they label all boardies the same.

Well here's a tip, not all board members are the same grade. :devil:

The rules aren't there to protect us from the boards nicest members, but they exist and should be followed because not everyone is as nice as valiant.