• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I think it would be fun to show a properly blurred out screen shot to validate my integrity. It would make the accusers eat crow. (shrug)

Dan

Did I miss where anyone has proof the seller did anything wrong?

Did someone PM and buy the book in 3 minutes? Maybe. Maybe not.

No one has any clue other than the seller and possible PM buyer. Everything else is speculation and hilariously embarrassing.

If the seller comes in this thread five minutes from now and says there was no PM buyer and he didn't want to sell it that low, oh well.

Trashing the thread, and the seller's reputation, on a supposition, regardless of what eventually comes out, is mind blowing and the epitome of self entitlement.

But it makes for some awesome chest thumping.

I think it would be fun to show a properly blurred out screen shot to validate my integrity. It would make the accusers eat crow. (shrug)

Dan

And just feed the mob for the next time.

And show the time stamp again... Takes about 40 seconds.

Dan

40 seconds he owes nobody. (thumbs u

(thumbs u.

Cool! I'd just have fun with it, that's all. Different strokes and all that.

Dan

Edited by Dano

Dan

Dan

This sounds best if said in the voice DeNiro in The Untouchables.

qyg05.gif

Dan

That would be fun but I don't think the seller is obligated to show anything, unless of course there is a pattern of shady behavior or reaon to doubt them. In that case it's a different matter and in everyone's best interest.

Dan

Dan

qyg05.gif

:headbang:

Some things are insisted have transparency, and some are not.

Dan

Dan

That would be fun but I don't think the seller is obligated to show anything, unless of course there is a pattern of shady behavior or reaon to doubt them. In that case it's a different matter and in everyone's best interest.

At the risk of becoming a nuisance, how does the community set the bar for patterns of 'shady behavior' or 'reasons to doubt?' How do you know when it's appropriate to demandi someone to something in the best interest of everyone?

Dan

What the details are between a buyer and a seller is no one else's business. What's in the best interests of everyone is that it stays that way. A right to privacy is part of our constitution for a reason. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Dan

Dan

qyg05.gif

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM.gif

What the details are between a buyer and a seller is no one else's business. What's in the best interests of everyone is that it stays that way. A right to privacy is part of our constitution for a reason. GOD BLESS...

On this we agree! There should be no situation that would demand a buyer or seller disclose a sale. (thumbs u

Dan

Most people don't realize there's no express right to privacy in the Constitution.

We were a country for well over 100 years before court cases even hinted that there might be a right to be divined through cobbling pieces of the document together, but there's still nothing there that expressly gives us the right to privacy. It wasn't until the mid-60's that the supreme court came up with a way to say that married couples could use contraception in the privacy of their own home.

Most people don't realize there's no express right to privacy in the Constitution.

We were a country for well over 100 years before court cases even hinted that there might be a right to be divined through cobbling pieces of the document together, but there's still nothing there that expressly gives us the right to privacy. It wasn't until the mid-60's that the supreme court came up with a way to say that married couples could use contraception in the privacy of their own home.

Thank you, as usual, for the history lesson, Chris! I'm always blown away by the things I just accepted as truth for decades. I just recently heard about the addition to the pledge of allegiance in the '50's.

Dan

Didn't mean to come off as pedantic, but whenever privacy comes up it takes me back to the shock I had in law school learning how few privacy rights we have, how recently we got them, and how there's so little in our most important documents speaking right to that topic.

It was a reflex when I saw that post.

Didn't mean to come off as pedantic, but whenever privacy comes up it takes me back to the shock I had in law school learning how few privacy rights we have, how recently we got them, and how there's so little in our most important documents speaking right to that topic.

It was a reflex when I saw that post.

.... anytime you can enlighten me with some truth, I will never consider that pedantic. GOD BLESS....

Dan

At the risk of becoming a nuisance, how does the community set the bar for patterns of 'shady behavior' or 'reasons to doubt?' How do you know when it's appropriate to demandi someone to something in the best interest of everyone?

Dan

I would say that if someone has reaaon to believe a seller is shady based on being caught red handed in some scenario (like shill bidding, lying, or misrepresentation) then you would have cause to doubt someone's word when they state a book was sold via PM. But to just outright distrust someone because they missed out on a deal is not really going to cut it. Innocent until proven guilty, right? Especially in a small hobby where reputation is everything.

And I think it bears repeating here that the proper way of dealing with a dispute (and this goes for any dispute) IMO is to ALWAYS approach the individual first and f no resolution can be found, THEN if that doesn't work, as a last resort, you make it public.

But just ripping someone a new one in public without approaching them privately first rarely mends things and in general, lots of chest thumping is the main result. Because most of us are dudes and don't like getting back into a corner.

Because testosterone.

The right to privacy is a topic that has been discussed in the WC from time to time, from a 'big brother / government POV.

Some people believe the right to privacy shouldn't exist, the reasoning being that if you aren't doing something wrong you have nothing to worry about. I tend to agree although I also worry about corruption and misuse of that information.

But as far a comics go, it's an emotional hobby. We've probably all been bent out of shape over a deal at one point or another. I know l have unfortunately.