• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Per capita, this place has become worse than eBay.

Its an on-line "Den of Thieves" compared to the old days.

A very noticeable decline in the quality of

professionalism for conducting business.

CGC should either abolish the selling area or set up

a strict guideline of rules that have to be upheld and have

a fee for the selling here.

Far too generous with the no fee selling format and

people are taking advantage of it or trying to take advantage of it.

old days, 2011? or were you here before that?

Sonny, I've read this place and examined it's society longer then

people that joined with 50,000+ posts. I didn't join in 2011 to make

emoticons to pad stats and hope to learn from others.

I should point out that I mean that statement in friendly terms as well.

I'm too old to give a s##t about drama.

The "Sonny" part is, personally, my favorite.

sonny-corleone-the-godfather.png

And for the style experts out there, the proper reply to a "Sonny" is "Gramps", as for example "Sure gramps, like whatever..."

And for the style experts out there, the proper reply to a "Sonny" is "Gramps", as for example "Sure gramps, like whatever..."

You got it, Champ.

See a few posts up. Contingent deals happen all day every day in businesses of all kinds. If two people agree to a something they are free to do it.

Contingent dealers involve a promise of some kind from the buyer.

For example, a buyer who signs a contract for a house or car contingent on financing is in no position to back out if the bank comes through.

Buying something contingent on back cover scans is another matter because the opinion of the buyer (and not a matter of fact) is the contingency. If the seller provides the scans, the buyer can arbitrarily decide to back out because they just don't like the look of it. Even if the back cover was flawless the seller is in no position to force the buyer to follow through with the sale.

Just because a clever buyer tricks a seller into making a promise for nothing in return does not mean that an agreement has been reached.

The contingent buyer has no skin in the game.

Those old dudes know better than us whippersnappers.

See a few posts up. Contingent deals happen all day every day in businesses of all kinds. If two people agree to a something they are free to do it.

For example, a buyer who signs a contract for a house or car contingent on financing is in no position to back out if the bank comes through.

Buying something contingent on back cover scans is another matter because the opinion of the buyer (and not a matter of fact) is the contingency. If the seller provides the scans, the buyer can arbitrarily decide to back out because they just don't like the look of it. Even if the back cover was flawless the seller is in no position to force the buyer to follow through with the sale.

Just because a clever buyer tricks a seller into making a promise for nothing in return does not mean that an agreement has been reached.

Tell me more about this "contract law" it sounds fascinating.

It's like that thing with the paper, and the words and uhm like documented terms or something right?

:popcorn:

:roflmao:

It's like that thing with the paper, and the words and uhm like documented terms or something right?

Maybe it's just anything a seller wants it to be. A magical wonder land of one-way commerce.

Maybe it's just anything a seller wants it to be. A magical wonder land of one-way commerce.

Now you've got the nipps attention

If one side can back out arbitrarily that doesn't sound like a done deal to me. Certainly not from a buying on a forum situation. In the real world? I have no clue.

Not a done deal, I don't think anyone's said that. but it can be an agreement to perform further acts.

I don't think there's any doubt that this seller agreed to provide scans to him and agreed to the buyers price and that, if the back cover scan was acceptable, that the deal was done.

Those extra acts he agreed to perform were an agreement unto themselves.

Buyers buying a house can place contingencies on a contract that allows them to walk away clean...that's still a binding contract.

Here it's not so complicated. He agreed to do something and failed to do so. Cut and dry.

If one side can back out arbitrarily that doesn't sound like a done deal to me. Certainly not from a buying on a forum situation. In the real world? I have no clue.

Not a done deal, I don't think anyone's said that. but it can be an agreement to perform further acts.

Sounds Torrid

I don't think there's any doubt that this seller agreed to provide scans to him and agreed to the buyers price and that, if the back cover scan was acceptable, that the deal was done.

Face The Wheel?

A Little Double Trouble?

Buyers buying a house can place contingencies on a contract that allows them to walk away clean...that's still a binding contract.

We call that the CYA clause

Here it's not so complicated. He agreed to do something and failed to do so. Cut and dry.

:gossip: I think we're back to Torrid

It's like this keyboard is just doing wtfe it wants tonight.

Personally I still come back to the fact the buyer really has no skin in the game here. In saying that I don't think it was "right" for the seller not to provide the scans they said they would provide and it seems like the answer is they just took more money.

This link sums it up.

Link

tumblr_mo6xnjso1U1s1k7bmo1_500.gif

Stop posting GIFs and read the article. Perhaps you will learn something for once. :baiting::shy: