• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Insta-ban? :o

The negativity and ridiculousness is just getting silly. People need to act like adults and treat each other with respect.

seriously, its not that hard to not say something negative in someone else's sales thread. Just don't post. done.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8894082#Post8894082

Hi, the CGC 9.8 you're attempting to sell for thousands of dollars has a defect, which I'm going to point out for everyone who might be interested. Also, I have a copy of this book that is better than yours. But good luck with the sale! You have a lovely book!

That's a move.

+1

+1 :banana:

The negativity and ridiculousness is just getting silly. People need to act like adults and treat each other with respect.

seriously, its not that hard to not say something negative in someone else's sales thread. Just don't post. done.

This is the social media era where every knob and tool has a platform to spew whatever sewage they choose to spew, and spew they do! :(

This is the social media era where every knob and tool has a platform to spew whatever sewage they choose to spew, and spew they do! :(

mods notified - insta-ban!

mods notified - insta-ban!

From Instagram to Insta-ban! (thumbs u

Isn't the solution simple: give him a wrist slap and the mods should PM him and say " (tsk) Please refrain from posting negative comments about a book for sale. That is threadkrapping." and teach him a lesson.

That's exactly the solution. Mods give wrist slaps for the most opaque things but something like this people are able to do over and over. It just doesn't make sense.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8894082#Post8894082

Hi, the CGC 9.8 you're attempting to sell for thousands of dollars has a defect, which I'm going to point out for everyone who might be interested. Also, I have a copy of this book that is better than yours. But good luck with the sale! You have a lovely book!

Congrats! You just made the most ridiculous post of the day.

What is wrong with people!?!?

This type of post deserves an insta-ban. Interfering with someone trying to sell a book to pay for medical expenses. Saying your book is better (you forgot to write na na na na boo boo) which is irrelevant. Disingenuous "good luck with the sale."

You officially look like a spiteful 10 year old with no social skills. If I were you i'd be embarrassed.

Uh... guessing that Revat is not the culprit and he's just sarcastically paraphrasing a post in the sales thread that has since been deleted.

This type of post deserves an insta-ban. Interfering with someone trying to sell a book to pay for medical expenses. Saying your book is better (you forgot to write na na na na boo boo) which is irrelevant. Disingenuous "good luck with the sale."

You officially look like a spiteful 10 year old with no social skills. If I were you i'd be embarrassed.

Uh... guessing that Revat is not the culprit and he's just sarcastically paraphrasing a post in the sales thread that has since been deleted.

If that's the case then I apologize to Revat and everything that I wrote applies to the person he was referring to.

I'm guessing that Red doesn't like clicking links and reading. 2c

I

I did read the thread and saw the guy post that the book had a crease but that his 9.8 also had a crease. Uncalled for, yes, but hardly what Revat "paraphrased". Then, in reading Revat's post it looked like he was saying he had a 9.8 that did not have the crease. It was not clear that he was being facetious. As I already posted, I apologize to Revat for the misunderstanding.

Isn't the solution simple: give him a wrist slap and the mods should PM him and say " (tsk) Please refrain from posting negative comments about a book for sale. That is threadkrapping." and teach him a lesson.

That's exactly the solution. Mods give wrist slaps for the most opaque things but something like this people are able to do over and over. It just doesn't make sense.

I got #1 for posting the hula girl gif and #2 for calling Solarcadet a and placing a " " in between the "pr" and "ick". :shy:

I

I did read the thread and saw the guy post that the book had a crease but that his 9.8 also had a crease. Uncalled for, yes, but hardly what Revat "paraphrased". Then, in reading Revat's post it looked like he was saying he had a 9.8 that did not have the crease. It was not clear that he was being facetious. As I already posted, I apologize to Revat for the misunderstanding.

Snickers(1).gif

that's practically Seussian (worship)