• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

New rule proposal:

"You must be the owner of the copyright of any photos or scans used to advertise an item for sale."

Folks with low feedback that come here trying to sell a 5 figure book using a photo lifted from comic connect aren't breaking the rules currently, as far as I can tell. But it should be a rule violation IMO.

That's not the same book. Unless it has been reslabbed. But the corner looks different. (Edit: No, it's definitely not the same book. Staples are not in the same place.)

Yeah, it's not the same book.

I was going off of the earlier posts by PJK, MetalPSI and yourself.

My mistake for only looking at the grade on the label and taking the say of a few boardies with high post counts, instead of looking closer at the two scans. :tonofbricks:;)

That's not the same book. Unless it has been reslabbed. But the corner looks different. (Edit: No, it's definitely not the same book. Staples are not in the same place.)

Yeah, it's not the same book.

I was going off of the earlier posts by PJK, MetalPSI and yourself.

My mistake for only looking at the grade on the label and taking the say of a few boardies with high post counts, instead of looking closer at the two scans. :tonofbricks:;)

I posted the correct book from CC.Here again http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=667274

I don't know how it got a 6.5 with the corner. The covers on the 3.0s that sold look better than that on the front.

Actually imo it looks great for the grade. The back cover is very strong, and apart from the ur corner there is not much wrong with the book. The problem with books in slabs (dare I say it) is that a lot of bad things are hidden, transparent stains, heavy foxing hidden in dark cover colours, and actually colour break creases if fine and faint will not show in a scan of a slab.

It is fairly normal to see what appear to be crazy grade discrepancies in slabs online but often in my experience when you get the grader's notes or see it first hand I usually say "ah, that is why" etc.

I wanted to add that posting a bc scan of the book would have made a big difference to me if I was a potential buyer, and conversely I have had my share of hg slabs with much more action on the back cover. 2c

So, what we have is just your basic CC-to-boards flip. :cloud9:

That is a time honored and proven business model.

I think I once made $15 bucks doing it :cloud9: