• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It seems as if there are more sales threads lately where the seller wipes out the post that has the book after it sells. I can see taking down the price but deleting the post with the book can both make the thread confusing and may be asking for trouble if a dispute arises later about the description of the book or what was or wasn't visible in the scan or photo.

It seems as if there are more sales threads lately where the seller wipes out the post that has the book after it sells. I can see taking down the price but deleting the post with the book can both make the thread confusing and may be asking for trouble if a dispute arises later about the description of the book or what was or wasn't visible in the scan or photo.

yes, this can make waves.

I entirely agree. (thumbs u

Great point. Always thought of eliminating clutter and download times but it's probably better to just put the scans in spoilers.

How did you ever manage to keep your Rapounzelesque locks from getting caught in the gears...?

hm

Pony tail or 'man bun'!

And, I don't know about you, but babies wake up in the middle of the night and cry constantly.

:cry:

Actually, that's not entirely true. They only cry when they need something (uncomfortable) or are hungry. Depending on how you nurse them and how you train them to sleep through the night, they can generally be sleeping right through after a few months.

Once they are on solid foods they'll sleep like the dead for a full night.

Its the bolded part that kills ya. The first couple months are crappy in terms of sleep for almost every baby.

That's what I'm sayin'!

How did you ever manage to keep your Rapounzelesque locks from getting caught in the gears...?

hm

Pony tail or 'man bun'!

And, I don't know about you, but babies wake up in the middle of the night and cry constantly.

:cry:

Actually, that's not entirely true. They only cry when they need something (uncomfortable) or are hungry. Depending on how you nurse them and how you train them to sleep through the night, they can generally be sleeping right through after a few months.

Once they are on solid foods they'll sleep like the dead for a full night.

Its the bolded part that kills ya. The first couple months are crappy in terms of sleep for almost every baby.

Shh.. I'm sitting in the delivery room waiting for my first to arrive. I've been mentally preparing for the lack of sleep ahead. lol:eek:

Congratulations!

You may discover just how little sleep you need to still do a full day's work! :D

Yup. I actually loved every second of it. I loved tending to them all night. Those days will never return.

I do this. I used to move the post to the PM with the buyer but now I move it to my first post and put it in spoilers. I think it makes the threads less confusing, not more, as it allows me to keep the first page full of items for sale rather than make buyers look for things on every page...

I do this. I used to move the post to the PM with the buyer but now I move it to my first post and put it in spoilers. I think it makes the threads less confusing, not more, as it allows me to keep the first page full of items for sale rather than make buyers look for things on every page...

Kind of depends, I guess, on whether there are :takeit: posts remaining in their original positions referring to books that are no longer there.

Agreed.

It's good to be in the old habit of quoting the book so the picture is with your post when you buy.

Agreed.

It's good to be in the old habit of quoting the book so the picture is with your post when you buy.

+1

Agreed.

That Mr. Sneeze is one smart guy. :headbang:

I never understand the point of wiping out the price, either. We have our own free GPA on raw and slabbed books here, if people keep the prices listed. Also it's another thing that could prevent problems.

I never understand the point of wiping out the price, either. We have our own free GPA on raw and slabbed books here, if people keep the prices listed. Also it's another thing that could prevent problems.

Agreed. I don't buy graded so can't go by GPA. Ebay is so full of shills and other garbage I don't trust those prices either. I use this site as a gauge for raw prices so I appreciate when sellers keep the price listed.

Agreed.

That Mr. Sneeze is one smart guy. :headbang:

Canada folk are pretty clever eh!

Great point. Always thought of eliminating clutter and download times but it's probably better to just put the scans in spoilers.

See I thought about this. I am getting ready to have another large sales thread and I don't want to give people DL headaches. I usually use small thumbnails for smaller value books and then use large scans for large value books.

I may use spoiler tags for the large scans, but doesn't the spoiler tag hang up for some people after they open it? Just trying to make sure this isn't a problem before I start using it next week.

Are people still on dial up? download times of comic scans are a problem? ???
The real question is are there companies that still offer dial up services.

I remember them back in the day.

People trying to contact you on your phone could never get through. :preach:

There are still companies that deal specifically in dial up service since there are still areas that do not receive an internet connection and do not have any wireless service. (Yes, even in the United States)

http://time.com/3856066/aol-verizon-deal-dial-up-internet/

Edited by Buzzetta

We got in a resume today and they had an AOL email address. Not a single person in the office thought they still existed.