• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Man did I come across a doozy a few days ago,even kept it in my specimen jar.

I found a Tarantula hawk wasp,it's a wasp that lays eggs in the belly of a Tarantula,and the wasp larvae eats the spider from the inside out. Really amazing.

Picture1-5.png

Don't get stung by one, one of the most painful stings you'll ever deal with.

Now THAT'S a wasp! And yes, they have one of the worst stings in the world- I've never been nailed by one, but that's because I know better! That's probably Pepsis or Hemipepsis- the real deal.

I do get asked questions about termites and fleas and imaginary insects inhabiting people's skin (delusional parasitosis is not just an urban legend!), but I prefer to go after little brown beetles and such. Matter of fact, I'm heading to Guatemala soon for a three week "vacation"- collecting jungle bugs (and drinking rum).

I only started this conversation now because I've been sitting on these books for a while and will need some pocket money for later in the summer...

cheers,

tbg

It puts the lotion in the basket...

:roflmao: Andy, you slay me .

Your kids must win EVERY show and tell lol

:roflmao: Funny thing is they aren't usually found in Southern California. (shrug)

Oakman "magically" finds one of those under everyone's house in So Cal until the occupants willingly throw him large amounts of money to make them go away! :D

I just read up on this little guy and it was very interesting. I guess it possesses the second strongest sting in the world and maxes out on the pain index. On the bright side, I guess the pain only lasts 3 minutes..... a very long 3 minutes. The Bullet Ant is even scarier!

SchmidtIndex.gif

Another interesting but extremely large chart.

2Louque.png

I just read up on this little guy and it was very interesting. I guess it possesses the second strongest sting in the world and maxes out on the pain index. On the bright side, I guess the pain only lasts 3 minutes..... a very long 3 minutes. The Bullet Ant is even scarier!

SchmidtIndex.gif

Another interesting but extremely large chart.

2Louque.png

Yes it's a doozy. :eek:

I really liked charts until I opened that spoiler

Thats like getting a get well card from longcat.

I could have resized it but to be honest, I am just too darn lazy!! lol

I really liked charts until I opened that spoiler

Thats like getting a get well card from longcat.

I could have resized it but to be honest, I am just too darn lazy!! lol

lol You and me both (thumbs u

Oak,if you find another,would you send it to me?I have a tarantula collection,and this is super interesting .Maybe we could trade?I find some ODD stuff in chinatown that im sure shouldn't be here....and ive a very cool massive pine beetle that bit me a good one i managed to preserve....

Oak,if you find another,would you send it to me?I have a tarantula collection,and this is super interesting .Maybe we could trade?I find some ODD stuff in chinatown that im sure shouldn't be here....and ive a very cool massive pine beetle that bit me a good one i managed to preserve....

Sure,anything for you. (thumbs u

Please tell me how this is not my book unless I pass on the scans.

No qualifiers in the thread about first unconditional I'll take first either.

His "ok that is fine" post is from 5 hours ago, the take in the thread is less than an hour.

the thread in question

Thanks.

I would be willing to work out a deal pending scans.

I am very interested in the book and the front cover scan you posted looked ok.

Let me know,

Tim

Ok sounds good. You might be able to follow the link to my imgur account and see a bigger front cover. I imagine I shrunk it down. My work blocks all of that otherwise I would send you a direct link

http://hisimgurlink

Thanks, I found it there.

I can pay by check so there are no fees.

What's the best price you can do shipped to XX zip XXXXX?

Right` now the best I would do is knock $50.00 off the price as there are a few others that want to see the bigger scans too.

I can offer $2100 paid by check pending scans.

$2100 plus shipping?

I can pay for and email you a UPS label if you can package it securely and drop it off at a UPS store.

I ship UPS at work and can bill my account.

let me see how close a drop off spot is. I'll get back with ya

ok that is fine!

This was just posted in the thread:

Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 $2250 shipped

unconditional :takeit:

Hulk 181 CGC 8.5 $2250 shipped

:takeit:

^^

Please tell me how this is not my book unless I pass on the scans.

No qualifiers in the thread about first unconditional I'll take first either.

His "ok that is fine" post is from 5 hours ago, the take in the thread is less than an hour.

let me see how close a drop off spot is. I'll get back with ya

ok that is fine!

Hi, I understand why you are frustrated with this. Just to clarify, is the quote above from the seller "ok that is fine" the last message you have received? Have you sent any replies to that last message?

That book is all yours.

Let's see if someone's willing to immolate themselves over $60. (The difference between his payment if via PayPal and your payment.)