• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

What do people think about the idea

of not sending payment to a seller until confirmation that

the books are packed and ready to ship from that seller.

This way it would ensure sellers are held to a higher

standard for better timing.

It would be easily confirmed by the post office date stamps

whether sellers are committed to delivering "great" customer service.

I've had great experiences making some buys here

but I've read a lot of lazy sellers with excuses once they're paid

that seem to take the system for granted in this forum.

This would have to be agreed up front. A seller has the right to set their own rules.

This would have to be agreed up front. A seller has the right to set their own rules.

No comic book purchase is worth the trouble of

dealing with lazy people.

Then cross them off your list. (shrug)

Then cross them off your list. (shrug)

No worries there, that's a given.

I'm curious why others put up with crappy service.

Especially since a lot of people are trying to sell

for one reason or another because

they can't pay for groceries or their cell phone bill.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is the seller doesn't hold

all the power and should do better job to deliver.

People are content to deal with mediocrity

Unlike the new crop of specu-dealers, many folks here sell dupes or sell some books to continue to fund their collections. They have job and family responsibilities. Neither laziness nor crappy service may be the cause of a slight delay in shipping. If you can't deal with it, might i suggest Instagram or Facebook comic groups. They likely cater to the gotta have 'em ready to ship before I pay mentality. You will also get more emojis, and maybe, an accidental dickpic. So you have that going for you, which is nice.

Unlike the new crop of specu-dealers, many folks here sell dupes or sell some books to continue to fund their collections. They have job and family responsibilities. Neither laziness nor crappy service may be the cause of a slight delay in shipping. If you can't deal with it, might i suggest Instagram or Facebook comic groups. They likely cater to the gotta have 'em ready to ship before I pay mentality. You will also get more emojis, and maybe, an accidental dickpic. So you have that going for you, which is nice.

:golfclap:

:golfclap:

'accidental'

nothing has ever stopped someone on the boards from asking AHEAD OF TIME if shipping can be/will be immediate or by a certain date.

For an extreme example, Dale Roberts has HUGE sales here, often with hundreds of books and maybe 50-100 buyers. He generally has great service, but I don't think anyone would EXPECT him to be able to ship out the next day after payment (thought it might occur, and probably does quite often). He might have 50 orders to fill that night, and might be going in alpha order, order of payment, biggest to smallest, random, anything. Either way, if you think its reasonable to afford him a few days to ship, there's no reason not to afford anyone else a few days, as we all have things to do. At the same time, I think he and most others would be receptive to quick note asking to be bumped to the top of the shipping list, ESPECIALLY if you asked before the purchase.

I think it boils down to this as a buyer: If there's something that you especially prefer or care about that does not appear to be explicitly stated, whether its shipping time, condition preferences, shipping preferences, payment options, return policies, you should ask before you buy. Its your money.

I understand there are other aspects of life.

People who sell have to realize that the full selling cycle isn't just taking a picture ( mostly only the front cover and not including a back cover) and listing a price.

99% of the time the books that are posted here are easy to find anywhere.

I don't use facebook or instat-whatever so I don't deal with that bottom of the barrel stuff.

If you're satisfied with paying and waiting a week until "Crappy Joe" gets off his butt and finally decides to pack and send you something then that's your bag.

I won't waste my money on people like that. I've done many 4 digit deals on books here privately but I won't give a dime to the lazy sellers.

Word. It's literately impossible for me to get near the post office sometimes for 2 days.

To me me if someone ships next day that's a total bonus, not expected. gotta give me 1-3 days...

People who sell have to realize that the full selling cycle isn't just taking a picture ( mostly only the front cover and not including a back cover) and listing a price.

I don't use facebook or instat-whatever so I don't deal with that bottom of the barrel stuff.

If you're satisfied with paying and waiting a week until "Crappy Joe" gets off his butt and finally decides to pack and send you something then that's your bag.

I won't waste my money on people like that. I've done many 4 digit deals on books here privately but I won't give a dime to the lazy sellers.

I am. The comics I buy are going into my collection and if it takes 2 days or 2 weeks to get to me it doesn't affect me. All I ask is that you communicate.

All I know is that from the last two weeks of discussion I've added someone to my 'Do not buy from list'.

And he didn't sell a restored book two years ago.

I am. The comics I buy are going into my collection and if it takes 2 days or 2 weeks to get to me it doesn't affect me. All I ask is that you communicate.

.... me too. I don't start to feel uncomfortable until 2 weeks or so..... it sometimes takes me that long to ship, so I certainly can't expect better. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

All I know is that from the last two weeks of discussion I've added someone to my 'Do not buy from list'.

And he didn't sell a restored book two years ago.

hm

:D

So the VCC is on this weekend. It's never been the "best" place to sell, there is competition and it is WAY over in the VCC Hall, but...it's a fun place to be with other boarders. It can be lots of laughs, you do get to know other people and Sckao and Donut put in a lot of work to make it happen.

It's a community get together type thing. If you have never tried it, you should!

What I never do understand is why people rush to put sales threads up in the other forums during this event

If you don't want to join in, can't you wait 2 days to list?

I know some people are grouchy when you mention the word "community" ...but honestly, do you really need to go out of your way to flaunt this?

Be happy, come have a cookie and save the other threads for another time. I know personally, I won't buy from threads not in the VCC this weekend, even if they have my grail of grails, or the* Koolest*;) books ever;)